Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Wireless Keyboard
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My wireless keyboard continues to lose connection and beeps when it loses connection during typing.  I have replaced the keyboard which did not resolve the issue.  When I reboot, the issues goes away temporarily, but comes back fairly soon after rebooting.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PPG14 If a wireless keyboard does not respond, check for connection and power issues.

NOTE: 

If you are experiencing issues with Bluetooth input devices, go to Troubleshooting a Bluetooth Connection.

1. Locate the USB receiver for the device, and then make sure it is connected directly into a USB port  on the computer.

NOTE: 

A USB hub might not provide enough power for your device to connect properly.

Connecting the receiver

If you cannot locate the receiver, check the original packaging. Some HP Touch and All-in-Ones come with the USB receiver preinstalled in the computer. Or, look for a USB storage container on the device.

Removing the receiver from the mouse

2. Look for and remove any battery tabs from the device. This tab prevents the device from receiving power.

Battery tab

3. Make sure the device has adequate power.

• If the device uses batteries, install new batteries according to the guide in the battery compartment.

Example of battery placement - yours might vary

• If the device is rechargeable, connect the charging cable to the device, and then to a power source, such as a USB-charging port on the computer or an external USB power adapter.

1. LED battery indicator

2. MicroUSB cable to charging device

4. If the device has a power switch, confirm the switch is set to ON.

On/off switch on wireless mouse and keyboard

5. On your computer, test the device.

If the device still does not work as expected, go to Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Troubleshooting.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.