Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse (https://support.hp.com/dk-da/product/hp-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse/341232/model/14433419/troublesho...).

The problem is that the keyboard keeps loosing connection. Only the mouse has on on/off button, and it doesn't matter if the mouse is on or off - the keyboard still looses connection every few hours. I don't use the mouse, as I have a mousetrapper instead, that I use together with the keyboard.

The keyboard will loose connection no matter how often I use it, it can even loose connection in the middle of writing a sentece. The only solution I have found so far is to take out the batteries and insert them again.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LauraH1

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand, Wireless keyboard keeps losing connectivity, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made? 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Have you tried connecting the keyboard to a different PC?

Have you tried replacing the battery?

Here are a few steps to solve the issue: 

• Insert the wireless USB receiver into an open USB port on the computer.
  • Replace the batteries with a fresh set of alkaline batteries and make sure they are inserted correctly.
  • Remove the battery cover to access the batteries. The battery cover is located on the bottom of the keyboard. When replacing the batteries, look for the positive symbol (a plus sign +) that is marked close to the battery compartment or battery cover. Make sure that the positive end of the battery is facing the positive side of the battery compartment.
  • Move the keyboard closer to the wireless receiver. The receiver is the hardware that receives the wireless signals from the keyboard and mouse and communicates data to the computer. Make sure that the keyboard and mouse are within 30 centimeters (1 foot) of the receiver.
  • Disconnect other devices, including Printers, USB flash driveExternal storage devices, USB hard disksSmartphonespeakersScanners and Other USB devices except for the transceiver.

• Most wireless HP keyboards and mouse devices work at 2.4 GHz. Some 2.4 GHz electrical devices may cause interference. If relevant, move these devices. The following are examples of 2.4 GHz electrical equipment:  Microwave , Wireless phone base stations, Bluetooth devices (microphone, headset, and speakers, etc.), Car Alarms .

Note: It is recommended that the USB transceiver be placed away from the USB 3.0 flash drive and the external USB 3.0 hard drive. USB 3.0 radio frequencies interfere with 2.4 GHz devices

• Restart the computer. This can solve the problem

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!​​​​​​​

HP Recommended

Hi,

It never worked fine.

There hasn't been any software changes.

I have done a bit of trouble shooting steps, like making sure that USB never disconnects/goes to sleep mode.

I have not tried a different PC.

I have tried replacing the batteries.

The keyboard is part of a mouse and keyboard package. I only use the keyboard, because I have a mousetrapper. There is no on/off botton on the keyboard itself, only on the mouse. It dones't seem to matter whether the mouse is turned on or off.

I have tried your different trouble shooting steps, but it does not seem to be working.

I am in an office space where one coworker has the same set of keyboard and mouse, but she is 4-5 meters from me. She uses her mouse, so she doesn't experience it as often as me, but does sometime. It seems to be, that the keyboard goes in to sleepmode, when the mouse isn't being used. And since she uses her mouse a lot, it doesn't really happen to her. My only solution for fixing the problem so far is taking out the batteries and inserting them again. This is an annoyance to do 4-10 times per day, depending on how much time I spend at my desk.

HP Recommended

@LauraH1,

I reviewed the reply. it is great to hear from you again and your efforts are truly appreciated. As @Flower_Bud is out for the day, I am responding on her behalf.

This is a hardware issue with the keyboard. It needs to be replaced. 

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

Thanks and have a great day ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.