Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy model 750 124

I was changing the power supply and noticed two loose wires.  I thought they were originally connected to the motherboard.  After doing a little research, I believe these wires are the wireless antenna.  They run to the top of the unit and disappear behind the inner cover of the unit.  I am wondering if and where they get attached to the motherboard....or do they not get connected at all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs page for your PC indicates that it comes with dual band wifi with bluetooth.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/8819429/documen...

So the loose ends of those antennas have to be reconnected to the wifi card.

Here is a picture of the motherboard your PC has.

I don't see anyplace where the wifi card plugs directly into the motherboard, unless it is located in that relatively empty space on the very lower right bottom of the picture, below the dark blue SATA port and to the left of the white SATA port.

Is it in an adapter that is plugged into the one short, black PCIe x1 slot pictured on the lower left?

Anyway, somewhere in there, your PC has a M.2 wifi card, that looks like the picture I posted below the motherboard picture.  The two antennas connect to the gold colored terminals on the wifi card.

Odense motherboard top view

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac, Dual Band, 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 - (7265NGW)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs page for your PC indicates that it comes with dual band wifi with bluetooth.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-750-100-desktop-pc-series/8499646/model/8819429/documen...

So the loose ends of those antennas have to be reconnected to the wifi card.

Here is a picture of the motherboard your PC has.

I don't see anyplace where the wifi card plugs directly into the motherboard, unless it is located in that relatively empty space on the very lower right bottom of the picture, below the dark blue SATA port and to the left of the white SATA port.

Is it in an adapter that is plugged into the one short, black PCIe x1 slot pictured on the lower left?

Anyway, somewhere in there, your PC has a M.2 wifi card, that looks like the picture I posted below the motherboard picture.  The two antennas connect to the gold colored terminals on the wifi card.

Odense motherboard top view

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 802.11ac, Dual Band, 2x2 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 - (7265NGW)

HP Recommended

Thanks, that was very helpful and I was able to reconnect my antenna!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Can anyone help me with wehere to find the REPLACEMENT connectors/antenna wires? Thank youi!

HP Recommended

Hi Provost, I need the replacement wires, or the connectrs that connect the wires to the LAN..  apparently one of mine is screwed up and won't reattach to the wireless LAN. Can you please provide a link to these?  Thank you!!!!!!

HP Recommended

also....both my antenna wires are black. DOes it matter whgich side goes to which? Main/Aux? Thanks !!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.