Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
omno120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i recently reinstalled the system  windows 10 after copmuter crashed. wifi not showing any where. the computer is not showing any wireless capabilities. i can omnly connect through ethernet. what can i do

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi

First thought Wireless Button Driver?

Your search for " omno120" has returned no results (0)

So Make, Model and OS please.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

downloaded the assistant and run it . comp said a newer version is installed

HP Recommended

Comp is hp omni 120 1124  came with windows 7 upgraded to 10

HP Recommended

Hi it is hp omni 120-1124  originally came with windows 7  upgraded to windows 10 for  when it was given free. Recently it was giving problems to start up. I reinstalled windows but the drivers are not being installed . i tried  to do so from hp site .there is a problem and network  drives not installing

HP Recommended

Hi

So you have some sort of Mish-Mash of software installed.

"comp said a newer version is installed"

So you have not done a clean install then?

Ralink Wireless Network Controller Driver Update

3.2.14.0 Rev. A33.3 MBAug 15, 2012Download
Ralink Wireless Network Controller Driver Update33.3 MBsp58084.exe
  • Technology: Realtek RTL 8175EH
  • Data transfer speeds: up to 10/100 Mb/s
  • Transmission standards: 10-Base-T Ethernet

Do you have an Ethernet connection?

It is possible that the adapter has failed and needs replacing.

HP Recommended

yes i have ethernet connection. ive downloaded the driver and tried mto install but got a message.  ' your system does not meet the operating system requirements. update has been canclled.(9998)'

HP Recommended

I am using thecomputer now but no wireless. the controller driver is still being  updated  a popup says wait.. update in progress even though i got the previouv message

HP Recommended

Since Omni desktop PCs have not been manufactured for quite a while, your best bet is to buy yourself a USB wifi dongle made for Windows 10.

That will get wifi on your PC.

Get yourself something on the order of an ASUS USB-AC56 if you want 802.11ac dual-band (2.4 & 5 GHz)capability.

Plug the dongle in, install the drivers, power it on and enter the password to your router's SSID and you will have wifi.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.