Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dc 5750
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

OK

a recently bought dc 5750 machine and I have installed windows 7 64-bit on it. It is giving me all kinds of driver problems but most bothering me now is  ethernet controller  and PCI serial port drivers issue.  

But I must also mention here, when I restart my computer several times computer does not show this problem and wireless card works fine. I hope it could be understandable how frustrating it must be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you with any of the drivers.

That device is too old to work on W7.

TP link has no drivers for it at all and I went to the Atheros cz website because it has an atheros networking chip and there are no drivers for it either.

If you don't need the card, I would just remove it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The ethernet controller is the wired network device so it would have no impact on your PC if you are only using the wireless to get to the internet.

Please post the hardware ID's for the devices missing the drivers and I will post the links to the drivers you need...

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on each device needing the driver.

Then click on the details tab at the top of the device window.

Now you will see a property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters you see in the window for each device.

HP Recommended

Hey!

here please

These two are appearing under "Other devices" in device manager.
Ethernet Controller:
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_FF16&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_01

PCI Serial Port:
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_FF96&SUBSYS_EE96168C&REV_01

These errors appear when I put my wireless card in the machine. So,

TP-LINK

Model TL-WN651G

is written on my card if it helps me further getting my problem resolved. When I take card out of machine these errors go out with it.

This one is appearing in device manager under "Network adapters". I have no idea what it is or if it is causing me any problem but I don't like this error on my machine. If you can help me with this one as well, I have placed its hardware ID also.
GFI Software Firewall NDIS IM Filter Miniport # 12:

sb_SBFWIMclmp

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you with any of the drivers.

That device is too old to work on W7.

TP link has no drivers for it at all and I went to the Atheros cz website because it has an atheros networking chip and there are no drivers for it either.

If you don't need the card, I would just remove it.

HP Recommended

I would want to leave comment here that if I uninstall these items from device manager and restart my computer several time somtimes these things get resolved themselves. Wireless card and internet throught it works great on this machine. 

HP Recommended

If windows 7 is making problems then windows 10 is not for this machine as well??????????

Which has been the best known windows and all the great configurations for dc 5750. I have windows vista 32 bit availiable. Should I use it to get rid of all my problems or there is some better way.

I am stuck with the machine and hardware, no flexiability in its replacement.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.