Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp p7 1026
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I  suspect my etehrnet connection on motherboard is dead on desktop.  I can connect  to internet  from my laptop  thru  wifi.

have  changed cable  no  change.

have connected  laptop  via ethernet cable  and it connects to internet.

have settings  set to  automativcally find ip address on desktop.

is there any way to test ?

can i add an add on eternet card  to this model  hp p7-1026

?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ROGERNAT

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

Look for the ethernet LAN card LED, if it doesn't turn on or doesn't have an activity, though the cable works with an alternate pc it is a hardware issue with the motherboard,

You can always get an external ethernet adapter to help your cause.

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here

This is how an internal card looks like: 

And this is the external adapter: 

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ROGERNAT

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query,

I'll be more than glad to help you out, however, I would appreciate if you could rephrase as it's a bit confusing,

Just to confirm and be on the safer side, your ethernet isn't working but your WiFi is working fine? is that right?

As mentioned in your post you've checked with an alternate cable and it connects to the internet (which cable are you referring to)?

Please reply with the details (including your product number) for an accurate solution,

Eagerly awaiting your response,

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK  This is a desktop sytem  P7 1026     when the eternet cable is hooked to the modem  desktop will not connect to the internet.     i  tried a diiferent cable  to make sure it was not the cable going bad  and it still would not connect.

if i use my laptop in the house it will connect  via wifi  and access the internet.

if i disconnect the eternet cable from the desck top and connect it to the laptop it connects to the internet thru the modem

i suspect  etrnet  port on motherboard is bad.

if  so can i install a  stand alone eternet  card on this model?

HP Recommended

@ROGERNAT

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts,

Look for the ethernet LAN card LED, if it doesn't turn on or doesn't have an activity, though the cable works with an alternate pc it is a hardware issue with the motherboard,

You can always get an external ethernet adapter to help your cause.

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here

This is how an internal card looks like: 

And this is the external adapter: 

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ROGERNAT you rock. I did not know there was a USB external adapter for ethernet connection. It will solve my problem of no ethernet network connection on my HP Pavillion Notebook. Also mmy very thin notebook, which does't have a cable port.

Thanks for providing info not ever disclosed by anyone else.

A

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.