Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 20 All In One PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I am not the most computer savvy individual but I believe I am missing the wireless LAN adapter driver. i have no wireless network adapters and the wifi "bars" logo doesn't appear in my available connection options. Hope this description is easy enough for someone to decipher. Please help and thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the wifi adapter needs a driver, in the device manager there will be a device labeled as a Network Controller listed under an Other Devices category.

If you see such a device, please post the hardware ID for it so I can figure out what driver it needs.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device.

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

If you do not see such a device listed, then most likely the wifi adapter has suffered a hardware failure.

The easiest solution to that problem would be to purchase an external USB wifi adapter.

HP Recommended

Hello,

As I understand you have faced an issue with your wifi driver.

To resolve that issue first you have to update your wifi driver via HP driver and support.

Then if you do not find your wifi driver update, try to manually download it.

Then install it in your system.

Then you have to go to your device manager and check your network adapter.

If your network adaptor is there first you have to uninstall there driver.  and then restart your system.

If network adaptor is not present there then you have to check your hardware there is an issue of your network card.

Hope your system works well. 

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.