Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop 750-209
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just got this tower a week ago a screen came up saying register my warranty with HP so I did and now about ever hour a screen keeps popping up saying:Welcome to your new HP,You're all set,Done

How do I get rid of that message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the HP Welcome don't remember where but I deleted it from my computer on Sat and it hasn't popped up.So I would say this question has been answered.

Thanks for all the help 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@nottheface

Please try this solution

from DavidPK

From the Start Menu, select Settings, then System and then select Apps and features in the left hand pane.

When the list has populated, locate HP Welcome and left click it - you should now see the option to Uninstall.

Please tap Kudos for David on this Thread:

Windows 10 - HP Welcome appears every 5 minutes

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

The first line: From the Start Menu, select Settings, then System and then select Apps and features in the left hand pane.

OK but the 2nd line: When the list has populated, locate HP Welcome and left click it - you should now see the option to Uninstall.

It doesn't show HP Welcome.

HP Recommended

@nottheface

Well, Rats.

I have not seen this issue.

I did find the program files on one notebook running Windows 10 Pro AU)

Shortcut located in:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\HP Welcome (file shortcut)

Executable located in:

C:\Program Files\HP\HP Welcome

The executable (on my one notebook) actually pulls up (starts) a program that offers you the opportunity to Register your computer.  ???

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

Open a File Explorer Window, navigate to Windows Local Disk (C) and search for something related.  Use (for example) keyword "welcome".

If Windows does not find anything, and it may not due to the rather simplistic default Index settings, you might try a (free) third party search program:

Nirsoft SearchMyFiles v2.72

Although the program is not entirely intuitive, with a bit of practice you can find just about anything.

Fancy_Lines_2.jpg

If I find anything else useful, I will post back.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Dragon-Fur I did eventully find HP Welcome it was under "Apps & features" I left click like you said to uninstall it now I will see if that works.So for now this question is answered.

HP Recommended

**bleep** it it didn't work that stupid message is back 😞

HP Recommended

@nottheface

Rats.

Stubborn mesage. :indifferent:

I assume you have completely shut down the computer and booted from the "off" condition.

Oh, one thing:  You might try (temporarily) shutting off "fast boot" so the OS is forced to read everything from the onboard File System when the system is booted.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Fast Startup - How to disable if it's causing problems

Dragon-Fur NOTE:

• Business Notebooks > Fast Boot setup may be enabled / disabled in the BIOS

Shut down the workstation > Power on, immediately tap-tap-tap F10 to enter the BIOS >

Advanced > Boot Options >

Check / Uncheck Fast boot > Save and exit

Fancy_Lines_3.jpg

If no joy:

I suggest you contact HP Technical Support and put the question before the Support group.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts -  USA / Canada

Contact HP – USA - Assistance

HP Tech support/ Customer Service  – Some English Speaking Countries

Including UK and Europe

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I found the HP Welcome don't remember where but I deleted it from my computer on Sat and it hasn't popped up.So I would say this question has been answered.

Thanks for all the help 🙂

HP Recommended

I had same issue with that stupid popup message and couldn't get it to stop. I tried:

Settings / System / Apps & Features - no workie.

I tried:

Ctrl+Shift+Esc / Disable - no workie.

I tried System Restore and didn't find what I was supposed to restore / fix - so no solution!

I tried installing Advanced Uninstaller PRO - no friggin workie!

I tried Ctrl+Shift+Esc / Process Tab / Right click on HP Welcome / Open File Location / Delete Garage.Container. Didn't work.

BUT, while I was poking around in that location I found an uninstall that finally worked! (It's been several hours and so far so good.)

On my Win 10 Spectre 360 the path was

C:\Program Files\HP\HP Welcome\uninstall. ...It's a Windows Batch File that finally did the trick when run from there.

HP Recommended

Much appreciated, thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.