cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
MaquinaFC
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

wifi 5GHz problem

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

My All in one Pavilion 23 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller not read 5Ghz network and the speed for the internet in slow.

How I can fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
erico
Level 17
Level 17
49,256 11,799 4,783 12,994
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your desktop AIO PC was not delivered with a wifi adapeter capable of using the 5GHz band. That is why you can't use it.

You can install a USB wifi adapter that is capable of 2.4 & 5 GHz and 802.11ac if you like.

See the specifications document published by HP on the following link. Check the networking section.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03823691

This is what your desktop has inside.

your installed adapter.png

Don't forget to click on the green Accept as Solution button if I helped you solve your issue.
Click on the Yes button if my assistance was helpful and you would like to say thanks!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
4 REPLIES 4
erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It would help if you identified your HP 23 series PC with its complete product number.  Look on the rear for a service tag.

Pavilion 23 identifies quite a number of PCs in that model series.

Don't forget to click on the green Accept as Solution button if I helped you solve your issue.
Click on the Yes button if my assistance was helpful and you would like to say thanks!
MaquinaFC
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP All in One

Model No. 23-b219c

Product no. H5N98AA#ABL

erico
Level 17
Level 17
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your desktop AIO PC was not delivered with a wifi adapeter capable of using the 5GHz band. That is why you can't use it.

You can install a USB wifi adapter that is capable of 2.4 & 5 GHz and 802.11ac if you like.

See the specifications document published by HP on the following link. Check the networking section.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03823691

This is what your desktop has inside.

your installed adapter.png

MaquinaFC
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation