Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
windows 7 ultimate
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

for some reason my keyboard just stoped working and it still has batteries and works but wont work 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@power6

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did you try replacing the batteries? 

Have you tried to sync the Keyboard?

Could you please help me with the exact model name to assist you better.

In the meantime, use this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06113523 for your reference.

Eager to assist you!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@power6

Did you try replacing the batteries? 

Have you tried to sync the Keyboard?

Could you please help me with the exact model name to assist you better.

In the meantime, use this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06113523 for your reference.

Eager to assist you!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi, my computer is the HP24-E030NA. I am able to use the internet with my old keyboard ( + USB connection) but the new HP keyboard does not seem to be doing anything although the mouse is flashing red.

HP Recommended

@Devonian

Try using the new keyboard in a different PC and check if it is working?

Try using the Different port and check it is working?

Are you facing this issue after an update?

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03738933 for your reference. (Keyboard Troubleshooting)

Use this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06113523  for your reference. (Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Troubleshooting)

Eager to assist you!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,

The computer and keyboard are brand new. Have tried changing the batteries but the keyboard remains unresponsive although the mouse seems to be ok. The keyboard is totally wireless ie. no USB connection etc. I  am using my old keyboard with a USB connection but my old computer "died" so cannot test the keyboard on that.

Regards

Edna

HP Recommended

@Devonian

Thanks for the reply,

Use the following steps to open the Component Tests menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the main menu, click Component Tests.

Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

4. The Component Tests menu displays.

Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Sample List of the Component tests

Keyboard Test - The Keyboard test provides a quick interactive functional test of the keys on the keyboard. A keyboard is required for this test.

To run the test, click Keyboard, and then click Run once.

The Keyboard Test time is 3 minutes.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I powered off and then powered on the computer, pressed esc repeatedly but no effect. There is a light on the mouse but the light on the keyboard remains off. I have checked the batteries and replaced then with another new set just in case but the keyboard remains unresponsive. I cannot access the computer at all using the new mouse/keyboard combination as no cursor shows on screen.

HP Recommended

@Devonian,

I read your quick response. Thanks for the update. As @Raj1788 is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf. As you've tried all the steps, there is more to it than meets the eye.

I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.