Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 34-a150 curved screen all 1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a HP34-a150 curved screen all in one. Wow was I impressed, Until the speakers (which are built in) began to emit a series of pops which cut out the sound. This annoyance began one week after I had been using and enjoying this machine. Spending nearly 2000.00 to be annoyed is rediculous,  I have not found any answers to this date.

Is there a fix, do I send my machine back? I am not amused.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi @ingie01,

Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with an audio POP. I will be glad to help you.

Windows 10 keep replacing the Realtek drivers with default drivers.

Please click on the link to download the Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver.

Please keep me informed of how things went. 

If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! 🙂

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I believe that this is not a software problem. I reinstalled and replaced all possible drivers and restarts each time. When I power up the pops start immediately. Shut down also emits popping from the speakers. SHUT DoWN and the speakers are still popping! If I leave the computer off for 12 hours, no popping at first. Three minutes later popping continues. It cuts out the sound so speech is not comprehensible!

HP Recommended

Hi @ingie01,

Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.
http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi @ingie01,

I have the exact same popping issue with my 34a150 and it's getting very annoying now, did you get it solved?

HP Recommended

does anyone know how to fix this popping problem?  I downloaded and installed all the latest drivers.  it doesn't work.  I changed the processor minimum speed to 100%.  No result.  I am so frustrated.

HP Recommended

Hi @Brian_R2,

Thanks for stopping by the HP forums. I hope you enjoy your experience! 🙂 It is a terrific place to find answers and tips and to get the best from the community.

I reviewed the post regarding the popping noise coming from the speakers of your PC It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you here. 🙂

Stupendous diagnosis and great analysis of the situation. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with you. 🙂

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this to assist you better.

• Have you tried with an external headset?
  • Did the popping noise start after a windows 10 or software update?

For now, please try these steps.

• Please connect a headset to the audio port of the computer. Then play multiple soundtracks and check if the sound is clear.
  • If the tracks play fine without hassles, then the issue is with the speakers and the unit needs to be serviced to replace the speakers.

Please contact HP phone support by following these steps:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

• They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty, then the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
  • If the headset also has a popping noise coming from it, then uninstall the audio drivers from device manager. Follow these steps:
  • Right-click on start button>left-click on device manager>expand sound video and game controllers> right-click on the audio driver and left-click on uninstall. Please ensure that the box “delete the software for this device” is checked.
  • Then restart the computer. There should be no sound.

Now please visit this link and update the bios, and audio drivers: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-34-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/8499667/mode...

This should do the trick for you. It should fix it for you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. To be clear, the popping sound is unrelated to when I play any sound.  It will start popping from the left speaker in at about 4 second intervals, but it does it intermittently.  I believe that it starts popping when the processor is being taxed.

2. I did try an external headset, and there is no popping sound coming from it.

3. Yes, this did start happening after a Windows 10 update.

4. Since your recommendation to remove the drivers was only in the event I heard popping on the headphones, i did not do that.  Please advise if I should try that.  

The popping is extremely annoying, and my warranty is a few weeks from running out, so I would like to resolve this ASAP.

HP Recommended

Hi @Brian_R2,

I read the post completely. Thanks for the response. Now please try to backup all your files and run a complete system recovery to factory settings once to ensure that the issue is not software related.

Link for recovery: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336119 (Link Updated 04/25/2017) Please follow the most relevant option for the current situation.

If this does not fix the issue please contact Hp phone support immediately and they will repair it for you as the unit is under warranty by following the steps from my previous post.

Besides once the computer is fixed, from the day you receive the computer, there is a90-day extended hardware warranty for the service that covers all the parts of the computer for the next 90 days starting from the day you receive it.

It has been amazing working with you with such profound knowledge of computers and great technical skills. 🙂 Thank you for sharing this platform and giving me the privilege to share it also. 🙂

Trust me I've done everything I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. I hope the unit after repair works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Do take care stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

DavidSMP, I am very unhappy.  Here is what has transpired:

1. I replaced the drivers and BIOS as you instructed.

2. I am now getting a boot error that says "missing system board CT Number"  

3. The computer speaker continues to pop.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.