Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
t520 Thin Client
Other

I've just flashed a t520 with the new ThinPro 6.1 (x64) release. This was installed from sp76666.exe which I flashed to a USB stick and booted the t520 from. All this completed ok.

I'm now trying to enter Admin mode, but it's not accepting any of the 'default' passwords I've tried. To summarize, it's not;

admin

Admin

administrator

Administrator

root

password

Anyone know what the Admin switch password is now?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Not the Thinpro Expert but on my newly flash the unit, I need to set root password when first time switing to root account.

There is no "default" root password on my unit.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

Strange. All I'm prompted for is a password. It certainly doesn't look like I'm being asked to set one, which to be honest, I'd have expected.

The image deployment went fine. No errors. The TP desktop comes up ok as well. I select the Admin mode switch, and a password prompt pops up.

Maybe I'll try re-flashing the image again. Not convinced though.

HP Recommended

Well, I re-flashed the t520 using exactly the same USB image (didn't even re-create the USB key), and this time it behaved differently. Before, there were at least 3 reboots with the message about important changes being made, but this time it was a straight re-flash with one reboot.

I don't know whether it was the fact before I was moving from a x86 to x64 image, and this time there was already an x64 image in the flash. The only other thing I did different was to make sure the LAN cable was disconnected during the re-flash.

Whatever fixed it, I was prompted to set an Admin password on the second flash.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.