Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After using the advanced startup located in the recover tab in update & security, my laptop keeps booting into the start up menu where i have to press enter to continue to normally boot. Is there a way to stop my laptop from going to the start up menu?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Longjason20022

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP computer with Win10 on it. I read that you went to the "update and security" and from the recovery tab, went to advanced startup and clicked on restart now. Since then when the computer restarts, you have ti hit the enter key to boot it up normally. 

To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• What was the primary reason for which you went to the advanced startup?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to perform a Microsoft system restore to roll back your computer to an earlier date when it worked fine. A system restore does not delete your data. 

Post a successful system restore if the issue persists then I suggest to perform a Windows Refresh (repair). The following list shows what happens when you refresh your computer:

• Your files and personalization settings such as libraries, user accounts, and desktop themes are saved.

• The computer settings are returned to the defaults.

• Apps from the Windows store are reinstalled, and the settings are reset to their defaults. Internet connectivity is not required to reinstall these apps.

• Desktop apps are removed unless they were installed by the computer manufacturer. At the end of the refresh process, an HTML file called Removed Apps.html is placed on the desktop with a list of the desktop apps that were removed.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

The primary reason as to why I went to the advanced startup is to enter the BIOS where i enabled my fans to always be on. After enabling this option, I saved and exited the BIOS and started up my laptop again. My problem is that whenever I now turn on my laptop, it boots up to the startup menu (image shown below)  where as before it would never do so. All I want is to stop my laptop from going to this screen whenever I boot it up. Other than this, my laptop is perfectly fine. I just want it to not go to this menu whenever i turn it on.

Start Up Menu.jpg

HP Recommended

@Longjason20022

Thank for replying.:)

I suggest you to perform the BIOS defaults on your HP computer. This should take care if it. However, restoring the BIOS to defaults will also change the fan settings to defaults. 

If the issue persists then you may try to disable secure boot and enable legacy support in your computer. This link should help.

Also, when you reply I would like to the Windows operating system you're using and the computer model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.