Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Does anyone have a definitive answer about whether the DisplayPort in this desktop supports audio?  This machine has the default embedded Intel grahpics adapter.   I'm using an HDMI converter cable that works fine with my laptop so I know the cable is good.

A DisplayPort with the "++" symbol is supposed to support audio and the 8000 desktop does indeed show the "++" symbol but I do not get audio.  The audio system settings don't show anything other than headphone and speakers. 

I have an HP Elitebook 2540P notebook that also has the DisplayPort with the "++" symbol and it works perfectly.  In addition to headphone and speakers, "HDMI" shows up in the sound settings.

I tried to find some specs on the Intel website but I'm not sure what video adapter this is.  HP says "4500"  but it looks like it's part of the "series 4" chipset on the Intel website.

Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, same problem here, no sound via DP->HDMI on my 8000 elite ...

Please can someone from HP crew answer ???

HP Recommended

When you install the Intel Graphics drivers, it will also install audio drivers dedicated to sending the audio out to the DP ports. Make sure you have the latest graphics driver.

Also, in order to hear audio across the DP port (DP-HDMI adapter, i assume) you need to set the Windows audio applet to default to the Intel audio so that Windows sends audio out to the port - i forget what the actual wording is

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

@soccer_dan wrote:

When you install the Intel Graphics drivers, it will also install audio drivers dedicated to sending the audio out to the DP ports. Make sure you have the latest graphics driver.

Also, in order to hear audio across the DP port (DP-HDMI adapter, i assume) you need to set the Windows audio applet to default to the Intel audio so that Windows sends audio out to the port - i forget what the actual wording is

This is incorrect.  The HP 8000 Elite does not support audio over the display port, nor 7900 containing the same chipset.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/No-sound-from-dispayMonitor-port-with-H...

a.PNG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.