Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy All-In-One 27"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help! For the past couple of months Windows attempts to update Realtec, Intel and a couple other programs, only to fail. The result is an automatic shutting down of the system to undo the failed update attempts. I've tried to stop the automatic updating, but to no avail. 

At this point, I don't know what to do. 

The error message on the light blue Windows screen says: "We couldn't complete the update. Undoing changes. Do not turn off your computer" But then it always reboots. I do have a print screen of the failed updates.  I clean my Registry daily because of this. 

Any info, guidance, etc, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

MsBlueSky

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MsBlueSky

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Those are driver updates that are failing -- and my advice is to disable driver updates in Win10:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48277-driver-updates-windows-update-enable-disable-windows-10-a.h...

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks much for helping me, and for the welcome to the HP forums!

I walked myself through the steps you provided via the link, to disable driver updates, however ran into a problem: On the Advanced Options page, I don't have the three boxes to check or uncheck that your print screen link shows, but rather 2.  I'm missing the Include driver updates when I update Windows box.  I  poked around in this area of Settings, and was unable to find it anywhere. 

So, I'm back asking if you know where I might find this option.

Again, thanks for the help!

MsBlueSky

HP Recommended

@MsBlueSky

If you had looked at the last page in that thread, you would have seen the comment that options 1 & 2 no longer apply with the newer versions of Win10.  Now, you can only use options 3 and 4.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hello again,

Unfortunately, step #3 only works with Pro, Enterprise or Education editions of Win 10, and Step #4, using a REG file,  won't work with Win 10 Home edition, which is the edition I have. 

Any other thoughts?

MsBlueSky

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.