Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Sorry for the long interlude, but Microsoft chose to give me Windows 10 1607 Creator update.  After that finally got installed, I successfully ran all 3 of the DISM programs and ScanNow -- all ran fine and no errors reported.

What is next step?

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Here's a sample of 3 lines above and 3 lines below a "cannot: line from earlier CBS log:

2017-07-05 16:00:17, Info CSI 00001d6b [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2017-07-05 16:00:19, Info CSI 00001d6c Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-e..-devices-mcx2filter_31bf3856ad364e35_6.3.9600.16384_none_26cd4ad7ed6318cd\Mcx2Filter.dll do not match actual file [l:14]'Mcx2Filter.dll' :
Found: {l:32 yDbVQAUqyQnAmh6PXTXitW9jVZroUKnSqCQB5dkhnJE=} Expected: {l:32 2AnqJ+0wErSNFxGOTdUkMalLoA61q+7lL5Z4051e3F4=}
2017-07-05 16:00:19, Info CSI 00001d6d [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:14]'Mcx2Filter.dll' of Microsoft-Windows-ehome-devices-Mcx2Filter, version 6.3.9600.16384, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2017-07-05 16:00:21, Info CSI 00001d6e@2017/7/5:20:00:21.295 Primitive installers committed for repair
2017-07-05 16:00:21, Info CSI 00001d6f@2017/7/5:20:00:21.302 Primitive installers committed for repair
2017-07-05 16:00:21, Info CSI 00001d70@2017/7/5:20:00:21.310 Primitive installers committed for repair

HP Recommended

I've been offline too Al. The good news is your Creator's Update fixed any File System errors that System File Checker (sfc) and DISM could not fix before, so those error logs which contain old news can be ignored (CBS log File appends with running history). If any OS System related Audio Files were missing or corrupted, they are no more. Check Device Manager to see if the IDT Driver has been replaced. If so, don't Roll it Back yet. I would see if the Creator's Update will allow SP59736.exe to Run and at least unpack under SWSetup. First, undo the Compatibility Mode and Administrator Settings in SP59736.exe by unchecking those two boxes and clicking Apply and OK if not dim. Uninstall IDT in Device Manager without restart and Run SP59736. If you can't get the SP59736 Folder under SWSetup that way, right-click SP59736.exe and select Troubleshoot Compatibility. Then Try Recommended Settings when offered. The Creator's Update may work better in that regard. At this point I'm trying to figure out a way to extract/unpack SP59736.exe without it executing so Windows 10 will not prevent it from unpacking under SWSetup. We can then use the IDT Legacy Hardware installation approach. I know it can be done, but may need to open another Discussion Thread to get the details. Will advise. OUgrad

HP Recommended
I've been offline too Al. The good news is your Creator's Update fixed any File System errors that System File Checker (sfc) and DISM could not fix before, so those error logs which contain old news can be ignored (CBS log File appends with running history). If any OS related Audio Files were missing or corrupted, they are no more. Check Device Manager to see if the IDT Driver has been replaced. If so, don't Roll it Back yet. I would see if the Creator's Update will allow SP59736.exe to Run and at least unpack under SWSetup. First, undo the Compatibility Mode and Administrator Settings in SP59736.exe by unchecking those two boxes and clicking Apply and OK. Uninstall the IDT (or MS replacement Driver) without restart and Run SP59736.exe. If you can't get the SP59736 Folder under SWSetup that way, right-click SP59736.exe and select Troubleshoot Compatibility. Then Try Recommended Settings when offered. The Creator's Update may work better in that regard. At this point I'm trying to figure out a way to extract/unpack SP59736.exe without it executing so Windows 10 will not prevent it from unpacking under SWSetup. We can then use the IDT Legacy Hardware installation approach. I know it can be done, but may need to open another Discussion Thread to get the details. Will advise. OUgrad
HP Recommended

Here is another idea Al that might out-Fox Windows 10. Whether or not you still have the same IDT Driver Version in Device Manager, see if IDT Audio is listed in Programs and Features. If so, uninstall it. It's a Boat Anchor anyway and may be why Windows 10 has been blocking our efforts. After PC restart, try what I Posted just above here - EDITED Twice, so re-read. OUgrad

HP Recommended

OUGrad,

Top of the morning to you!  Well, a new day and new hope -- maybe!?!

I tried running SP59736.EXE with Troubleshoot Compatability in every possible mode (XP service pak 3, Vista service pak 2, 7 & 😎 -- all with the same result, System does not meet operating system requirements.

By the way, whenever I try to run SP59736 in troubleshoot compatibility mode, I have to right click, select troubleshoot compatibility, select troubleshoot program, check ran under previous enviroment (under whhat prblem) and then select the various OSs.  That is NOT the case for SP64878, which shows a compatibility tab after I right click properties

As for later post, indeed IDT is listed under prgrams & features, v 1.0.6429.0.  Before I uninstall and try running SP5936 again, may I ask why do we continue with this file and why not SP64878 which has the newer version 6.10.6435.0?

Please let me know

HP Recommended

Good question Al - something of a personal preference, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I routinely pass up Driver Updates from MS, even from the same Provider, because I've had a Graphics Driver MS Update cause Blue Screen errors, for example. Normally, what worked in the past, will in the future. In your case, SP59736 is missing from SWSetup although Device Manager is using that same Driver. If we can get either SP under SWSetup, we likely have a solution. However, if you can get SP59736 to work, you can try upgrading to SP64878 and have the Roll-Back Driver option if something goes wrong. One thing I've proven with Windows 10 testing since October 2014 is that older Driver Versions often work better than newer in Windows 10. In fact, I recommend you stay offline in the event one of these SPs works and Windows Update forces their updated, IDT OR non-IDT Driver on you, right after restart - same for while uninstalling IDT from Programs & Features. I've had that happen to me and it eliminated the Roll Back Driver option. We need to get a working Driver first. Before the Creator's Update, we could block Hardware Updates, but not now. MS says we have to Roll Back Drivers using Device Manager if we don't like what they force upon us. If we can get Beats fixed offline, Create a Manual Restore Point as well. That said, you are welcome by me to try SP64878 first. We'll get it done, one way or the other. OUgrad P.S. - "Think" I found a way to unpack SPs without executing if needed.

HP Recommended

Al, regarding this:

"By the way, whenever I try to run SP59736 in troubleshoot compatibility mode, I have to right click, select troubleshoot compatibility, select troubleshoot program, check ran under previous enviroment (under whhat prblem) and then select the various OSs. That is NOT the case for SP64878, which shows a compatibility tab after I right click properties"

Did you uncheck the Compatibility and Administrator boxes, click Apply and OK with SP59736? If not reversed, that could explain the difference. OUgrad

HP Recommended
OUGrad,

Sorry I wasn't clear. My point was that there are no check boxes, rather option after right mouse click.

Will uninstall IDT App & get SP59736 to work
HP Recommended
OK Al, if any concerns, you could download another copy of SP59736 to see if it looks/behaves the same. Be sure you're off-line while uninstalling IDT from Programs & Features. OUgrad
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.