Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
own pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Okay hi,
Today i've been using my gaming pc and i have experienced some bsod crashes, but after restarting it worked.
I've been "modding" a game so i needed an usb, but i didn't have one so i created a fat32 virtual partition.
In this partition i believe theres a program that may be crashing my os.
Now i cannot boot my pc, it restarts every bsod.
for any other information, just ask.
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@kitsouxd,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I understand that you are facing issue with your computer wherein the operating system keeps crashing and also you get a blue screen error.

In order to assist you better, please let us know the model number of the unit from the link: Click Here to Find Your HP Product Model Number

Also, let us know if you receive any error message.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

> Now i cannot boot my PC, it restarts every BSOD.

Turn off your computer.

Turn on your computer, and look for a message like "press <blah> to enter HP Diagnostics".

Press the <blah> key, and run the hardware diagnostics, and tell us what it reports.

If you have a smart-phone that can capture video, start recording, and reboot your computer, to create a movie of what you are seeing, and post the movie here.

HP Recommended
basically i dont have a hp product...
it's a new build custom pc.
Anyway if that's not a problem i'll list all of the components that i have:
cpu: intel i7-7700k stock settings
cpu cooler: corsair h110i
gpu: asus gtx1080 rog strix a8g
mobo: asus z270e rog strix series
ssd samsung 750 evo 256gb
hdd seagate barracuda 3tb
HP Recommended
Basically what people that i frequently see said, you need to reset your master boot record.
Because i have created a fat32 partition to store thing in and make it fast to manage files that are deep in my computer without putting them on my desktop.
HP Recommended

> Now i cannot boot my pc, it restarts every BSOD.

What are the first few lines of text on the BSOD screen?

You might need a smart-phone that can record video, to catch whatever "flashes" and then disappears, so that you can review the recording.

When Windows is first booting, repeatedly tap the F8 key, to see if you can get to a startup menu that disables the automatic reboot after a BSOD.

If you boot from your Windows Installation Media, select the language and keyboard, and then choose "repair my PC" (do not select "Install Now").  Does this "repair" work?

HP Recommended
Whenever i try to boot from windows usb, i get bsod and it'll eventually restart.
i'll try the other metods just for sure.
HP Recommended
If you have another computer, you should create Ubuntu installation media. From the Try Me screen, you want to find the partition menu, then format the partition you belive to be causing the problem. Shut down ubuntu then load back into windows.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.