Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have uninstalled some software, then whenever the computer was turned off the windows always restart again, i.e. effectively the computer could not be turned off.  I then restored the windows system to a previous date which is before the date software was uninstalled, hoping that the restart problme can be resolved. 

After the system restore, on start up the PC shows a blue screen, with messages: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors, File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD, Error Code 0xc0000034, and "You'll need to use recover tools....".

As the PC does not come with the Windows CD, so I tried to download the Media Creation Tool.exe from Microsoft web site, run it for "create installatio media for another PC", this generated the windoes.iso file, which was copied to a USB drive. However, on boot up the PC does not provide any access to the USB drive, It only shows the following via the F9 Boot Device Options for selection:

Please select boot device

UEFI Boot Sources

Windows Boot Manager

UEFI: IPv4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

UEFI: IPv6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Legacy Book Sources

I have also ran a 3.5 hours extensive test on the harddisk and found no problem with the hard disk.

Any advice welcome.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have the issue resolved by going to the advanced startup area (may be F11 in the Startup Menu?), then select Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and Startup Repair.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.