cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
JamesYeung Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot configuration data missing or contain error, for all in one PC

Pavillion All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have uninstalled some software, then whenever the computer was turned off the windows always restart again, i.e. effectively the computer could not be turned off.  I then restored the windows system to a previous date which is before the date software was uninstalled, hoping that the restart problme can be resolved. 

After the system restore, on start up the PC shows a blue screen, with messages: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors, File:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD, Error Code 0xc0000034, and "You'll need to use recover tools....".

As the PC does not come with the Windows CD, so I tried to download the Media Creation Tool.exe from Microsoft web site, run it for "create installatio media for another PC", this generated the windoes.iso file, which was copied to a USB drive. However, on boot up the PC does not provide any access to the USB drive, It only shows the following via the F9 Boot Device Options for selection:

Please select boot device

UEFI Boot Sources

Windows Boot Manager

UEFI: IPv4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

UEFI: IPv6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Legacy Book Sources

I have also ran a 3.5 hours extensive test on the harddisk and found no problem with the hard disk.

Any advice welcome.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
JamesYeung Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot configuration data missing or contain error, for all in one PC

I have the issue resolved by going to the advanced startup area (may be F11 in the Startup Menu?), then select Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, and Startup Repair.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation