Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I did an upgrade on my HP Envy 23 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Needless to say I had to "downgrade" back to Windows 8.1. Once I upgraded, neither my ethernet nor my wifi adapters were present. I tried all of the drivers that HP had available on their support site but I had no success. HP???? I mean where these drivers even tested in a Windows 10 environment because they DO NOT WORK. What are we supposed to do???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found a solution. I don't have any ideal why this problem exist or why it worked but it did. This site will explain everything.

http://www.askvg.com/fix-network-connections-folder-is-empty-in-windows-not-showing-network-adapters...

I did Method 4. So my problem probably wasn't with the hardware but with the operating  system itself because the devices reported that they were working properly in device manager. I just didn't see any network connections.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your PC?

Here is the link to the latest W10 driver for the Broadcom 943228HMB wireless card...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74551.exe

HP Recommended

Here is my information:

13.png

The  driver link that you provide is not found on HP Support Site for my PC. Plus the one in the image below is different from what they had on this site last week. So did they JUST put a driver out today?

113.png

HP Recommended

I just look for drivers that match the hardware in the PC.

I am not particularly concerned with what drivers HP puts on the support pages.

I got that BCM wireless driver from a HP business notebook that uses the same wireless card your PC uses.

The product specs for your PC indicate that it comes with a  Realtek RTL-8151GH gigabit ethernet controller, so see if the W10 gigabit ethernet controller driver directly from Realtek works.

2nd driver on the list.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTy...

HP Recommended
Thank you for the information. HP should update their support site for my pc. I will try them tonight.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Good luck on the second try...

HP Recommended

Still didn't work. I try running that executable for Broadcom and I get the following :

Update.cpp 1195 occurred and setup can't continue.

The weird thing is both adapters are listed in device manager as working fine but neither is listed in the network connections. 

HP Recommended

I found a solution. I don't have any ideal why this problem exist or why it worked but it did. This site will explain everything.

http://www.askvg.com/fix-network-connections-folder-is-empty-in-windows-not-showing-network-adapters...

I did Method 4. So my problem probably wasn't with the hardware but with the operating  system itself because the devices reported that they were working properly in device manager. I just didn't see any network connections.

HP Recommended

Glad you got the wireless to work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.