Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks, Big_Dave

The BSOD didn't allow me to boot at all. In BIOS, I did tests on the new and old hdds. They passed. I also tested memory. It passed. At first, the Win7 64 disk wouldn't even boot, even after I changed the preferred boot drive in BIOS. After many tries, I was able to initiate a 'repair' in Win7. It quickly failed. I then attempted a restore which failed also. I turned it off and went to bed. Got up this morning and turned it on and it started fine with the restore successful. Who knows???

The link you provided is for Vista only. Thanks. I'm quite sure this dvd burner is ok. One of the guys in Roxio told a story of an HP drive actually being a Philips inside. I think my origional one in my HP machine is a total 'no name' drive with a machine name of ATAPI.

I still can't log on to Roxio with this machine, but I can get in with my wife's laptop (also Win7 64)

Oh well.. we'll see what happens.

I'll continue with Roxio, preferrably with the forum guys. Yes, they are good.

Thanks,  Bill 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.