Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 850qe N0X15AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Desktop is 15 months old and had been operating with no issues until a few days ago.

No changes from the original configuration. 

System boots normally, from a cold start.  CPU temperature goes from 35C to 80C.

Window movements stutter when you use the mouse.

Heat sink is secured to the processor. Radiator is clean with no obstructions.

Fan is running normally, but no warm/hot air is being pushed out.

Can not tell if pump is running. 

Any thoughts on checking the pump or hardware output?

Are there any BIOS or system setting that I can check?

Are there diagnostics that I can run?

Thank you 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@JMM13, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide to help you test your system for hardware failures.  Read it carefully and see if it gives you any solutions.  I can't find any information on testing the liquid cooling system, but if it comes to that point, I will ask the appropriate peope within HP for help.  Let me know what you find out from the testing.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you - will run the diagnostics.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @JMM13.  I look forward to hearing the results.

HP Recommended

UEFI Hardware test passed.  Thank you for the recommendation.

Am going to replace the Liquid Cooling System components. 

Unfortunately HP does not sell the direct replacement part. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update, @JMM13.  It sounds like you have the situation well in-hand.

HP Recommended

The new Liquid Cooling System (LCS) resolved the problem.  The system is now running cooler and quieter.   For anyone needing to replace their LCS, please be aware that the replacement units have a larger radiator and fan than the original stock system. 

Thank you for your help!

JMM13

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.