Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ5110F
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i pulled my graphics card from my OLD working tower, my old tower is a Compaq Presario Media Center SR1950NX Desktop PC, and the graphics card I pulled is an Inno3D nVidia GeForce 2 GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI Express x16 Video graphics Card.

I have recently received a Compaq CQ5110F PC and started upgraded it. I have installed so far

windows 10 home 64bit, upgraded from windows 7 Home Premium.

1 TB WD HDD,

Compaq M2N68-LA Rev 5.00 513426-001 Rev A01 Motherboard Narra5-GL6 ,

4GB matching RAM,

AMD Phenom II X4-925 CPU-2.8GHz

Cooler Master Geminii M4 Low Profile CPU Cooler

New power supply upgrade 480watts

MY PROBLEM IS THIS...... When i try to install the graphics card I get nothing... I went into BIOS and set the Video output to PCI-E x16 and disabled the onboard audio, then saved and exit... when the computer reboots, it boots to the integrated VGA output and not the pci-e slot... i restarted the computer and open up the bios again and the settings are still on pci-e x16 however it will not play back when I try to boot using that slot. I even tried loading the driver from the installation disc and it pops up that it is not compatible... BUT IT IS...!!!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading the graphic driver for win10 for the card that you have:

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

attach the monitor to the graphics card and make sure the graphic card is seated right in the slot, remove and replace. Attach power to graphic card if needed.

let me know,

David,

Italy

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.