Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

karockiad wrote: Thanks alot for your time and response.... My model is hp pavilion G-42-478TX

Hello karockiad, The exact Model number is G42-478TX.

Here  is the link for the specifications for this system.

It appears to have Sata drives installed already, so the Sata mode would already be set or the Sata drives would not be supported.

If you are trying to install Windows XP on this system, you might find if very difficult to locate the needed drivers for the hardware.

The seems to not be an information on the manufacturer of the hardware devices, such as the wireless network device, ethernet device, Card Reader, touchpad, the chipset, and other hardware devices.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I got  tat fixed by slip streaming the appropriate driver with the OS disk...

But now the problem is like the drivers they provided in the support site is not working for me...

Especially for Wireless adapters (Bluetooth, WLan, HP Wireless Assistant)...

it says non compatible driver...

:mansad:

Kindly help me...

HP Recommended

karockiad wrote: I got  tat fixed by slip streaming the appropriate driver with the OS disk... But now the problem is like the drivers they provided in the support site is not working for me... Especially for Wireless adapters (Bluetooth, WLan, HP Wireless Assistant)... it says non compatible driver... :mansad: Kindly help me...

Hello karockiad, Can you look in the Control Panel, Device manager and see what the devices are that you need drivers for.

We need a manufacturer's name like Intel, Realtek, ATI, Nvidia, etc., and the model of the device.

The specifications for the system only list the Wireless adapter, but does not list the Brand or Model. We need this to search for the proper driver for these hardware devices.

Also, what operating system are you using, either x86 or x64, This will make a huge difference, since x64 will only accept x64 bit drivers.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

i have HP G62 i am trying to install vista..seem to be stock vista blue screen..is taking to long not moving...

now i am trying with windows 7 and its doing something.......

anyone can help me out plzzzz

thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.