Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27xw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I bought this Pavilion and was able to get it to connect to my old MaxBook Pro 2011 without much problem (bought a HDMI to Thunderbolt 2 converter cord) -- I bought this new MacBook Pro and got the adapter that would take me from the HDMI>Thunderbolt 2 > Thunderbolt 3 -- but I get no signal to the monitor from the Mac -- the hp website isn't much help -- how can it be that there's no driver for this setup? Or am I missing something? I've powered down and up, plugged in and out, but to no avail... help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@JasonKeith

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I read your post and understand that you have an HP Pavilion 27xw IPS LED Backlit Monitor. You were able to use it via an HDMI to Thunderbolt 2 converter cord on your old MacBook Pro 2011. How you have connected the monitor via HDMI>Thunderbolt 2 > Thunderbolt 3 and there is no signal. 

I would say to use an HDMI to Thunderbolt 3 converter. Because it may not be possible to carry the display signals via HDMI>Thunderbolt 2 > Thunderbolt 3. The user can be accessed via this link: http://hp.care/2gCbhVc

Hope this helps. Feel free to let me know if you have nay questions. Cheers! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.