Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello.

My HP Pavilion G6 laptop consists of 2 graphics cards:   1- Intel HD Graphics Family

2- Radeon HD 6470M

I opened my device manager today, and i tried to update my Intel HD Graphics . Turns out there was an update for it, and after it was done, it displayed Intel HD Graphics 3000. That was after i rebooted my computer.

After the reboot, my Intel card updated. However I re opened the device manager, and i see that the Radeon HD 6470M has an exclamation mark on it. I opened the properties and i see a message saying: Windows has stopped this device because it reported issues(Code 43) . This occured after i updated my Intel card.

I fixed it with system restore. But can someone tell me why this happened? The HP Support Assistan said that there is no updates available, so the device manager should determine that the Intel card is up to date.

Any help? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try the Intel driver update utility from here:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

This would probably do to a bad driver or update.

Where did you get the update from and what is the full make and model of your computer, ex: HP g6-xxxx?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please mark my post as SOLVED if it has resolved your problem. It helps others with similar situations.
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying.

I updated through the device manager.( Right click on the device and update) so i dont really know the origin of the update.

My product model is: g6-1242ee.

HP Recommended

Don't know what driver you have installed but the latest version is 8.882.2.0 Rev. released Jan 14, 2015

You may get this driver from here should you wish.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5145704/model/5170...

Instead of using system restore you may right click the driver in Device Manager and Roll back the driver, makes it easier for you.

HP Recommended

I get that my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirments to install the Intel HD software.

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay, was out of town.

Try to autodetect directly from AMD from here instead.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

HP Recommended

Thanks!

It found my latest AMD driver and now downloading,

Quick question, does the driver software affect the performance of the graphics card?

In other words, does an outdated driver , gives a weaker performance in games and such?

HP Recommended

The updated drivers will make your card run more efficiently.

As far as games go, it depends on the requirements of the game and it's settings.

HP Recommended

Ok, so the latest update of my AMD card is installed successfully.

One thing i noticed when i right click on my desktop, is the Configure Switchable Graphics button.

On my previous PC , it allowed me to specify which graphics card certain programs use. Wether the AMD or the intel.

However this time, when i click it, it displays a pop up window about Display Detection Options .

Any suggestions on that?

HP Recommended

Afraid can't help you much on that.

Has the Intel HD Graphics Driver version 8.15.10.2559 been installed?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.