Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Lombriz,

Welcome to the HP Community! I see that the previous commands didn't work. Have you checked the information on the first page of this thread which has the original commands as duwhat mentioned he modified it.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I did enter all the words but it didn't work after I typed the link and press enter sometimes my computer shut off and I have to turn on the computer again I . don't know what else to do
HP Recommended
There is a way to used the recovery disk to fix it
HP Recommended

Hi Lombriz,

I did some research and the only thing that I found to fix this issue was on the first page the link to the Billoblog. In the blog he mentioned that reply 128 is the solution. Here is a link to another where they suggest using a second hard drive to boot up and then edit the file. Recovery discs won't work because this error occurs when you change the hardware of the unit and the recovery is all software.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended
Friend you have made my day! Thought I was going to have to buy a new computer. As others with this problem I had upgraded some hardware in the past and needed to factory reset.
HP Recommended

:OpenSmile:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!  I just tried it and Yippee it worked ! I am so happy that I didn't have to wait  and save up money to get a new computer!!! AGAIN MANY THANKS!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.