cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Whogas Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 31 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

Thank you! This got me back up and running again!
0 Kudos
H0B0Byter99 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 1
Message 32 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

This worked great for me! Thanks!

0 Kudos
XAQNR78 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 33 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

OMG-Thank You so much, I'm sur this is pretty dated posts.  But it was the fastest and most understanable resolution.  I have pieced together HP parts for 7 years.  The latest was a HDD from a 08' slimline Vista.  Previous owner fried mobo or psu and didn't run.  (Rent A Center) as is junk for $20 worth the risk.  When I installed this HDD it said that it wasn't an "Activated Version of Vista" and that caused issues in itself.  Major malware / virus to clean up.  Couldn't figure out how this "Classic HP non Disc Recovery" would work.  But finally found it during boot-up then it went through the whole process then gave me the "Did you order a Code Purple?" Screen. 

I did as follows and it is now finishing reboot / system restore to OEM specs.  Am thankful of people being just a bit smarter to figure out these simple things.  Thank you again.

0 Kudos
al4463 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 34 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

I just want to say thank you
0 Kudos
nevasalme3 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 35 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

Thanks purplekiller this fixed my pc
0 Kudos
al4463 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 36 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

I was finally able to restore the hard drive
Thank you
0 Kudos
lskippermathis1 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 37 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

Thank you so much!  It took a couple of tries on the comand prompt, but I finally did it!  I saved my Dad from having to pay the HP people. What a rip off!  His computer was about a 1 1/2 yrs old, so I'm glad he didn't have to buy a new one!

Thank you again!

Lori

0 Kudos
joel424 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 38 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

this worked perfectly thanks

0 Kudos
duwhat Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 39 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

this worked but i had to modify it slightly...notepad kept opening so once i got to command prompt i typed

del hp\bin\CheckDMI

answered yes when prompted

and restarted the comp

it finished booting and ran vista very well

it is simply a deletion of the DMI check file that was branded with the old motherboard,i replaced but a very annoying thing to hapon on a full restore

0 Kudos
Lombriz Honor Student
Honor Student
3 3 0 0
Message 40 of 47
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Code Purple Error-Help

Hi I type what you wrote but my computer said something like is not recognized as an internal or external command I don't know what to do
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation