cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
golden1737
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Computer will not boot

HP Recommended
Pavilion 21
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

The computer continually loops into sequences that say the computer ran into a problem and and will restart and correct the error. It restarts and then goes into diagnosis and automatic repair. It then says it did not start correctly and will restart. It stays in this loop and nothing else happens.

How do we correct this and get past it?

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @golden1737,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand the computer is powering on, however, doesn't boot into windows, And it turns off after a few seconds after it's turned on,

Please perform the below steps:

Perform a hard reset (Remove all cables from the AIO, hold the power button in for 30 seconds, reconnect the cables and restart the PC)

If the issue persists, Access the BIOS by tapping on F10 during the restart and if the computer restarts while you are in the BIOS screen, it would confirm a hardware failure and you need to contact HP for a hardware service.

However, if it doesn't turn off while you are in BIOS, restart the computer and Tap on F11, to attempt a system restore followed by a system recovery to resolve the issue (follow the screen instructions for details).

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - The Computer Restarts Unexpectedly (Windows 10, 😎 - Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance.

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation