Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
610-1050f

D;/ HP_RECOVERY Shows used space of 14,749,396,992  and free space of 1,042,153,472 ?? the C: portion only shows used space of 50,257,453,056  and free space of 933,576,314,880 ??. Also the 😧 partitions also shows red in color. I have had 5 of these touchscreens (3 of which the hard drives quit and could never get the news HD to reboot) and bought the extra warrantee but none have ever shown up.  Am I endanger of losing this HD/CPU??
Ted

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ted57,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the recovery D drive status bar shows red in color.

This problem may occur if you have enabled the Windows PC backup tool installed on your computer. This tool automatically sends your backup files to the Recovery (D:) drive causing the drive status bar to show that there is not enough space.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Troubleshooting HP System Recovery Problems

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Welcome to this forum.

> D;/ HP_RECOVERY Shows used space of 14,749,396,992  and free space of 1,042,153,472 ??

Correct.  The files on this partition are used if, at "boot" time, you want to reinstall the original factory-loaded copy of Windows.  The partition is only as large as it needs to be -- 15 GB.  Yes, File Explorer shows it as "red", because the free-space is such a small percentage of the total space.

> the C: portion only shows used space of 50,257,453,056  and free space of 933,576,314,880 ??

Add the size of the two logical partitions, and you get a "one Terabyte" physical disk-drive.

> I have had 5 of these touchscreens (3 of which the hard drives quit and could never get the news HD to reboot)

Each of those systems should have had a utility program to create a "System Recovery Set" (written either to one 16GB USB memory-stick, or burnt to a few DVD-recordable disks) that can be used to reinstall Windows onto an "empty" disk-drive.

> and bought the extra warranty but none have ever shown up. 

I don't understand what you mean.

> Am I in danger of losing this HD/CPU??

Yes, just like you're in danger of being hit by lightning.

However, it's more probable that the disk-drive will fail than it is to be hit by lightning.

So, buy an external disk-drive (or large-capacity USB memory-stick) and make weekly backups of your files.

Also, run that utility to create that "System Recovery Set", to be prepared, if it is necessary to reinstall Windows.

HP Recommended

I think I did the steps correct, I have win 10 64 b instruction said win 7, I'll you know Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.