The HP Community is here for you.
05-20-2012 01:11 AM
08-18-2012 07:50 AM
Hair dryer trick works. All the computer experts I have talked to don't know about this and they are surprised.
Anyway, after six months, I was having to use the hair dryer daily to re-start the computer, so I took the computer to the shop, the guy checked the power supply, and it was really bad, so I bought a new one for $25 and replaced it myself, and it seems to be working fine now. So the blow dryer is a temporary fix, but it does work.
09-26-2012 09:04 PM
By recognizing a flashing power supply LED on an HP m9428f, I used a blow dryer for about 30 seconds near the intake fan. Once the LED stopped flashing, the computer could be started normally. Neither the power cord nor any devices were disconnected during this process.