Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
23-G010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Here is the background.. Machine was working fine one day. next day booted up fresh, the screen looks off, and had a flash in the screen all the way around the edges.. Windows Screen is the same thing. once the machine has been up for 15-30 min, its all clear.. computer is about 2 years old.. Have not rebooted since I got it back up a week ago..

Interesting twist.. we puchased two of these same day.. The second one did the same thing today.. Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Livin_it_up247 (nice choice of User ID) 😉

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I Understand the display flashes at times and the issue occurred on both your computers, is that right? and the issue is intermittent?

I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details so that I may provide an accurate solution:

Did this issue occur after any recent updates to windows 10, etc..?

When was the last time you had the issue, does it present itself during a game or any specific program?

In the meantime, while you look for my answer,

Perhaps you could attempt the below steps:

Step 1: Prepare the computer with a hard reset
Step 2: Make sure Windows is updated
Step 3: Uninstall the Norton antivirus (if installed)
Step 4: Update the chipset and graphics drivers

Click here for more steps and its details.

(Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I should have noted, that this starts when the system is turned on, before the system even post's. Not a windows issue. certainly a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

@Livin_it_up247

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

That said, it would have helped a lot if you could have included the answers to my earlier queries in your reply,

As that would have given us an upper hand in resolving your concern.

While I'm still waiting for the answers, perhaps you could tell me if you've attempted the hard reset mentioned on the link I had shared as that would resolve hardware issues caused due to excessive static,

And if you could enlighten me with what makes you say this is a hardware issue as well, I'd appreciate it.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.