Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion P6 2016
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I've been having issues recently with an HP system that runs windows 7 64 bit. I installed a new GPU into the system (ATI 7570) and there are no outputs coming from my displays. The gpu comes with displayport and dvi-i only. One at a time, I've tried using a DVI to Vga port, a direct displayport, and a displayport to HDMI adapter, and none have worked. the card does not require external power, and while the card is plugged in, the onboard vga on the motherboard doesnt work. when the gpu is out of the system, the onboard vga works fine, but the dvi-d doesnt. The DVI to VGA monitor was a dell 5:4 monitor and the displayport and DP to HDMI was on an LG 29um67. I tried to swap out the 7570 for a GTX 650, and it worked with HDMi and VGA, both direct connections. This worked until I restarted my PC when I was installing drivers. I disabled existing drivers when I was testing the 7570, making sure to not have intelgraphics enabled.
8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
Just a note, I tested out the 7570 in another system and the outputs are functional
HP Recommended

What is the complete product name of your desktop PC?

P6 2016  doesn't not help me when I am looking for resources as it does not identify a specific HP desktop PC.

For your information, It is a norm with HP Pavilion desktop motherboards that when a video card is installed, the onboard graphics is disabled. There is no need to disable the Intel graphics driver.

Try putting the ATI 7570 video card back in. Perhaps the card was not seated well during the first attempt.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
The Model No. is p6-2016 and the product no. is QU168AA#ABA. The card is seated properly, I heard it click into place.
HP Recommended

What is the specific brand and model number of the ATI 7570 video card and how much onboard RAM does it have?

Are you certain that it is an HD7570 and not an HD7770 card instead?

You have given its AMD\ATI reference model name, not the on that the manufacturer gave to it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
The 7570 is a Dell ATI HD 7570 with 1gb of GDDR5 NJ0D3. So Dell is the manufacturer, and yes I am certain it is a 7570. Will downloading the Catalyst driver help? I found somewhere that when using a non Dell system, I should use Catalyst drivers v13.12 only.
HP Recommended

I wouldn't think it should make a difference.

It should have worked. 

I have run into motherboards in the past that would not work with an  NVIDIA GeForce card but would boot up with an AMD\ATI Radeon card.  

HP Recommended
This was the opposite. GeForce works, ATI doesn't.
HP Recommended

@gt3rs wrote:
This was the opposite. GeForce works, ATI doesn't.

Sure. It can happen either way.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.