Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Exact same problem on Windows 10.

Tried all of six steps above, including buying three new cables in step 6 one of those was the specific cable recomended by HP support.

Make 9 calls to HP  and 4 calls to Microsoft. HP signed me up for their paid Freinds Support and I called them 5 times.

I tried the monitor on a surface Book, and Asus Desktop and a Dell Destop. Did not work on any of them. I have installed the latest drivers multiple times and update the firmware in my laptops, Surface Dock and Asus Desktop.

HP connected to my Surface Book several times and installed two different - third psrty partitioning programs. One didn't work the other did but it was a trial version and wanted more money than I felt it should cost.

I'm using it as a single monitor with no partitioning. It mostly works but has some strange events where the mouse clicks are off by several undred pixles. rebooting fixes that.

Now I have atiny little spider runing arround under the front glass. Very distracting. How did it even get in there? I would have thought the area between the glass and the disply would be sealed arround the edges. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @BobGrosh,

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts to help you out, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

[edited]

Sorry, but that is against most  forum rules.

Besides, bobgrosh is in your computer if you really do work for HP.  I am a subscriber to HP SmartFriend Services. A paid support option at HP. (Agreement Number# CA0000043901500###)

When I call Smartfriend or the warranty department, they easily call up all the information about this problem. They have tried to fix it several times. You should be able to get my phone number, all the case numbers and dates and times of the calls along with the details of each call.

The only resolution I have gotten from HP to date is;

"Sorry, but that is not working at this time!"

So. If a solution has been found since my last contact, email me or call me. (HP HAS MY NUMBER)

Alternatly, post the solution here for all to read, or provide YOUYR phone number and extension.

BTW

Microsoft has helped me with this.

I can connect My surface book  to two acer monitors with HDMI inputs as a dual display. That works as it should.

When I connect the same cables to the two hdmi ports on the ENVY 34C it does not work.Accordin to Microsoft, the Display is returning the same hardware ID on both ports, Other dual port monitors supply two different har( one for each port) so that they look like two different monitors to the OS. The HP software that partitions a single display as two diisplay areas does not run on 10, It crashes, So there is no way to simulate two monitors.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.