Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I 'm suffering a boot problem with my (just over 2 years old) HP Elite 7300 MT. Booting stops at the Invent screen. No reaction to any keystroke whatsoever, even the keyboard lights (keylock, numlock, capslock) are off and do not respond to pressing the related keys.

I tried removing ALL connections to the systemboard (including system fans), only power and front panel remained connected but that did not help. Switching on with all memory removed too resulted in continuous beeps (as expected). Swapping memory with a newly bought module did not solve the problem.

Any suggestions anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Once you replace the system board, you will need to enter the feature byte and build id in the BIOS for Windows to be activated. This information can be found on a sticker on the chassis.

Please call tech support at 18006251175 and they will guide you through the process if you encounter any issues.

Regards,
RobY

I am an HP employee... I don't speak for HP.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

hi, try going to the BIOS when you press the power on the pc press f10, go to apply defaults, press f10 to save changes and exit, this will reset the bios on your system, let me know if that worked.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion, and I am sorry to tell you it didn't work. I tried keeping F10 pressed while switcing on, tapping it directly after switching on, anything, but it doesn't enter setup.

I also tried resetting CMOS setting by means of the mainboard jumpers (as described in the maintenance manual for this system), but no results.

I also found a ROM recovery jumper on the mainboard but cannot find any information about its function and how t use it. If there is a problem with the systems BIOS might this be a path to a solution? Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

Hello,

Usually a unit gets stuck at the HP screen due to an issue with the HDD. Please disconnect the HDD and then try if it makes in to the BIOS or not.

Regards,
RobY

HP Recommended

I tried that, but it didn't work.

I just replaced the mainboard with an original HP spare part and it works fine again. I only had to select the HDD interface type. Factory default was IDE, but I had to enter BIOS setup and select AHCI instead.

The Startup-screen now looks different: the nice HP-Invent page has gone and a plain text page took its place. But that's fine with me...

Do I need to reactivate Windows 7 after changing the mainboard? (and if so: how?)

HP Recommended

Hello,

Once you replace the system board, you will need to enter the feature byte and build id in the BIOS for Windows to be activated. This information can be found on a sticker on the chassis.

Please call tech support at 18006251175 and they will guide you through the process if you encounter any issues.

Regards,
RobY

HP Recommended

we disabled AMT to make it work on 800G1 SFF

HP Recommended
Same problem my case. We have hp elite 7300 desktop 2 ps. One no booting another one good working. We change bios ic. Bios bin file. No working. Display stand by hanging.
HP Recommended

3 of our HP Elite 7300 also stop working, nothing works, stuck at boot logo...  

HP Recommended

hello my friend just fix it 

here is the way 

the problem is the usb 3.0 chip you have to remove it or replace i just removed it 

and it works 100% 

the chipset name is 

tusb7320

be carefull not damage the small parts arround it 

🙂 enjoy 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.