Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G3 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear All,

I've already update my Windows 7 to Windows 10.

May I know what is " 0x80070057 ERROR CODE" means?

Glad to hear from you guys.

Regards,

NINA

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Article from MS:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/kb/2476568

This is a small and common issue which can be resolved by following the step in the article.

Wish you luck,
Karthik

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

NinaAmalina

Would have been nice if you would have provided us with some useful details -- like WHAT were you trying to do when you got that error code?

My guess is that you were trying to do the Win10 Anniversary Update, right?

And if that is that case, the problem has nothing whatsoever to do with older presentations of this error code.

We can proceed once you provide the information.

Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yes, you're correct!

I got notification on Win10 Anniversary Update, thats why the error code appear.

What is the error code means? And is it can corrupt my pc and all data?

Glad to hear from you!

Regards,

Nina

HP Recommended

This is problem that is starting to become common with the Anniversary Update -- it's happened to my PCs and they had no problems with the initial upgrade or the November Update last fall.

The consensus on the community forums is that this is a conflict with Windows Defender updates being delivered at the same time as the Anniversary Update.

The solution (which I have used successfully) is the following: Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool - Windows Help

1) Use this link to download the Windows Media Creation Tool:

2) Using that tool, create a USB stick or DVD of the version of Win10 that matches what you have installed

3) Disconnect your PC from the Internet -- either by disconnecting the networking cable, or by disabling WiFi -- this is Important!

4) Insert the Win10 media you created, find the "drive", right-click on the setup.exe program -- to start the Update

5) Sit back and wait -- this can easily take a half hour or more

6) Your PC will restart at least once during the Update

This is basically running something known as a Repair-Install -- which retains all your data and applications.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.