Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP P2 1394
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I'm trying to install Windows on my computer but keep getting the error message in my post subject.I can see the drive in the computer setup and can even run a diagnostic on the drive but I can't seem to get the Windows disk to boot.I tried boot order,but didn't have any luck.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The hard drive I am using is known to be in good working order.

HP Recommended

> I tried boot order, but didn't have any luck.

Please explain more fully.

Let's assume that you have a DVD containing the Windows 7 installation files.

Did you enter BIOS SETUP, and select your DVD-drive as the first boot device?

Or, immediately after power-on, did you press one of the 'F-key' to "change boot order", and then select to boot from the DVD drive?

What happened?

What did you expect to happen?

What did not happen?

Wording of any error-messages?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.