Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I copied image of Windows Embedded 7 T510 using HP Thin client capture into a USB. Now I am trying to load this image into another Win Embedded 7 T510 thin client using USB.

However, when the thin client boots using this image from USB, I get below error.

"Error: The system does not have license for the image OS! The system cannot find the path specified"

What solutions do you recommend.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solution:

I was trying to install it on a Linux Thin client... Thats y got that error.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Solution:

I was trying to install it on a Linux Thin client... Thats y got that error.

HP Recommended

You could try this... Download and install the Current (factory) OS image to another USB drive and attempt to install on the target device. If that works, then copy the ThinState image you captured to the new USB drive replacing the factory flash.ibr image and try to deploy again.

If this doesn't work, then you would need to contact HP support as there may be a BIOS issue (Wrong or no OS information).

HP Recommended

during thin State capture, the tools will capture the OS bit and HW info.  Thin State tools will check the target device to match the HW and os bit string.

Your target t510 os bit string either do not have or have the wrond OS string set.

the only way to fix is call Hp services and replacement if it still under warranty.

HP Recommended

I had the same trouble when I tried to install win 7 Embedded into t510. I could not install Win 7 Embedded though, Win XP SP3(2009) was installed by using t5630w. It's very simple, download XP 2009 from HP t5630w site and deploy USB.(minimum 2GB), then set it t5630w as usual installing. At the end of this process press "S" to shut down. Relese USB memory to to replace Apacer 2GB of t510 and start to setup.   

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.