Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Fx Vision
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I hooked up my M-Audio External Audio Interface and it plays sounds with no  problems but the microphone I have hooked into the device will not. The input is working because I can see the lights moving when I speak into the microphone. My system has the beats system so I'm wondering if there is some kind of conflict. Any help would be great.

Sincrely,

Barry

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@freedomfighterv,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

You can try reinstalling the Audio drivers once and check if that helps you get the mic working.

Follow the steps below to uninstall the Audio driver and restart the PC and check for the issue.

• Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  • Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  • On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  • When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.
  • Note With some devices, you might have to restart the system to complete the uninstall process. The device might continue to function until the system has been restarted.

Hope the solution above fixes the issue. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

No it didn't solve the issue. Still no sound coming through from the microphone. It will record my voice through the mic but you cannot hear it back until playback. No loop through when recording so I cannot hear my voice at all. I tested it in the audio settings in control panel (settings for recording) and I clicked on the test option and when I ran it in the test mode I can then hear my voice but with a HUGE delay and very echoey.

I've heard this might be a conflict with the BEATS on the computer but I really don't know. When I hook it up to my old computer it works without a glitch. I'm using a MobilePre M-Audio USB Interface. 

Thanks for all help.

Sincerely,

Barry

HP Recommended

Hi@freedomfighterv,

Thanks for the reply.

I was able to find a useful article from the device manufacturer themselves. I request you to uninstall the driver of the external mic first in control panel and then follow the steps below and check if that helps you get the device working.

MobilePre USB Installation Instructions for Windows

Do not connect the MobilePre USB to your computer yet!  The driver installer should be run first!

1. Download the latest MobilePre USB driver from the M-Audio driver download page and save it to your Desktop.

If this is the first time you've installed the MobilePre USB on your computer, please skip the uninstallation instructions and go to step 3 of this guide. 

If an M-Audio MobilePre driver is currently installed on your system, it will need to be removed before a new driver can be installed.  In this case, launching the installer file should bring you to the screen shown below, if a 'User Account Control' window appears, click 'Continue'.  Click 'Next'.

2.  When the Install Shield Wizard is Complete, click 'Finish'.

3. Double-click the downloaded driver installation file (again), if a 'User Account Control' window appears, click 'Continue', and the following window will open:

4. Click 'Next'.  The License Agreement window will appear (see below):

5. Once you've reviewed the licensing agreement, click the radio button next to 'I accept the terms of the license agreement', then click 'Next' to continue and 'Install' in the window that opens after this.

If a Windows Security window appears, click 'Install'.

6. The installer will inform you that the MobilePre was installed successfully.  Click 'Finish'.

7. Connect the MobilePre USB to an available USB port on your computer.

8. Shortly after connecting the MobilePre USB, it will display an “Installing device driver software” window.

9. When finished, it will display 'Your devices are ready to use'.

10. Connect the output of your M-Audio MobilePre USB interface to your speakers, mixer, or another amplification device so you can click here.

Once you have completed the installation procedure above, a red M-Audio icon (shown below) will be visible in your system tray. Right-click this icon to launch the M-Audio MobilePre USB control panel.

This control panel can also be opened by double-clicking the M-Audio MobilePre USB icon in the Windows Control Panel.

If you have completed both the software and hardware installation properly, the control panel will open without problems and display 'connected' in the top right corner, and the MobilePre USB is ready to serve as an Audio Interface for your computer and recording software.

If the control panel shows 'not connected', Vista may have loaded the Microsoft Class drivers instead of the M-Audio drivers, please click here for steps on manually updating the driver.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Resolv_S,

Thanks so much for your research. Now that I've tested the microphone using the inboard soundcard and found that it does the same thing it appears this has nothing to do with my external usb audio interface. I should've tested that first before telling you my situation and I apologize for letting that slip my mind. However, Hopefully now we can figure out what the problem is.

I plugged a microphone with mini plug directly to the mic input on the inboard sound card and records fine BUT I can't hear myself. There is NO Loopthrough. I selected test from the recording mode and I could hear myself but it was delayed. The latency was way off. Anyhow, if you can be of any assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

HP ENVY h8-1414 Desktop PC With Windows 8.1

Sincerely,

Barry

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.