Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi My F1904 monitor seems to have a fault. When I power it on the power switch flashes amber and I get no display. Any suggestions? There does not seem to be any mention of this in the documentation.

Many Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

amber usually means sleep mode. flashing can mean different things. Disconnect the video cable, turn it off, pull the power plug, wait 10 seconds, plug it in and turn it on. Press the OSD buttons to see if you can bring up the on screen display. If that comes, up try connecting it again. Hopefully the PC is not sending out a bad video signal.

I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended
Thanks for the suggestions I think I tried all of them. It flashes amber as soon as you power on, tried various PCs and cables both VGA and DVI, tried all the buttons still no life. It was working, I went for a cup of team came back and it had died.

HP Recommended
not good.
I am an HP employee expressing my own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
HP Recommended

I got this problem too, different blinking patterns too.

I want to know what the problem is with my monitor, like if it is the fuse that has gone or if it is something else.

What i have done is double checked the FAQ and solve problems here at HP.

Quirking out the powercord and tried that several times, sometimes i actually got the OSD saying "monitor going to sleep mode" then it "restarts" and repeats the message a couple of times and then it starts blinking amber again.

The blinking patterns i have seen is the following.

1. blinking 3 times in one second and then repeats after 2 seconds.

2. constant frantic blinking , like a strobe.

3. one small faded quick blink followed with one regular blink within one second, then it pauses for ca 5 seonds and repeats.

4. one fully bright constant blink every 5 or so seconds, think this is the "stanby" blinks if i am not mistaken ?

I have also tried different DVI cables, DSub calbes and power cords. my cables are not faulty, tried with 3 different computers, all same results.

Anyone got a clue ? if not could someone at hp get an electrician guru to answer this question ? YES i am desperate!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, except a bit different, when i first attempt to turn on the monitor it has an unusual delay of 1-2 seconds, before the monitor blinks blue on and off, every second in a consistent manner. Then when i unplug the monitor cable the monitor goes back to normal (as in turned off). Then when i try to turn it on again it doesn't work. I have very important documents and programs on that computer that i must work on but cannot, because for the last two days i have been unable to turn it on. Occasionally it does work, usually in the middle of the day or later, and this problem recurs in the summer and is exclusive to the summertime. the problem simply goes away by fall/winter, which leads me to believe its a heat-related issue. the monitor occasionally does work, and it runs normally until the moment i shut it down, when there is a 90% chance of the monitor problem recurring. i had this problem last year and the year before that. My computer specs you will find are quite poor:

2003 HP Pavilion f1703 (the monitor's menu button is already stuck in from over use, so an annoying menu always hangs in the middle of my screen, the screen is quite dirty, but i cleaned it yesterday, i can see some scratch marks from wear and tear, but i do not know how to fix this problem or where the motherboard/video card/inverter board even is) can somebody help me?

HP Recommended

I have been searching alot over other forums and similar and i have come to one conclusion that it is the electrolyte condensators on the powerboard that is of second grade quality.

Therefore their heatresistance have been poor and they have thus "swollen" and became more heat sensitive, worse thing is that it is near pointless to cool them down with a fan or similar, besides that if the heatresistance is poor they will "swell" more by time.

Final solution as i know is to replace the elecrolytes either by soldering in new ones or to replace the PSU in the monitor.

The most dumb thing is that the poor heatresistance makes the elecrolytes live out the warranty time atleast but not more.

One thing that could help me now when i am out of warranty and all would be if HP could send me a schematics over the psu board so i can fix it myselves.

Therefore i am asking here if i could get those schematics.

Again it is a "hp pavilion f1904"

HP Recommended
I seem to behaving the same issue with my pc, the power button flashes amber like it is stuck in sleep mode. I have disconnected and and reseated everyhing and still the flashing amber light it is driving my nuts.because i have no clue what to do to help my pc.I have Hp Media Center m7259c desktop, Right now i'm stuck on my husband laptop  but i would love nothing more then to get back on my pc. any help would be lovely
HP Recommended

Well, maybe alot too late but what the heck, i'll just wanted to report that i have fixed the problem.

On the powerboard there was 2 bad caps, specifically the two 2200uF ones. i desolderd those two and replaced them, voila, fully functional screen again!

HP Recommended

I have an HP F1905 monitor that the second you plug power to the monitor the amber light blinks constant. I have unplugged the monitor for several days and have tried all reset's. I have tried pushing all the buttons but no change. I am hoping that HP can shed some light on the blinking amber power light. I consider my self very technical. so lay it on me HP what is the trouble..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.