Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 550-126
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Facebook on my HP Pavilion 550-126 runs very slow (8 seconds to go from Home to my page) plus generally will not allow me to post pictures on pages I visit/am a member of and will not open the Help button where Settings and Log Out are located.  My OS is Windows 10 and I use a Google Chrome browser. The latest change to this PC was adding the LastPass software to securely recall passwords for frequently visited sites.  Sometimes not all these symptoms occur but generally all do. I have an older HP Pavillion a6600f running VISTA and using Google Chrome and Facebook works on it fine, as it does on my Toshiba laptop running W10 and Google Chrome.  It also works fine on my iphone6.  A friend recommended disabling Ipv6 (and I guess defaulting to ipv4) but I have not tried that as I fear to many other problems. :Crying:

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.  

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Your computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-550-100-desktop-pc-series/8499648/document/c0514902...

should not be "slow" -- 3.3 Ghz dual-core, 4GB RAM), Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit).

So, "measure, measure, measure".

Open the Windows "Task Manager".

If needed, click "more details".

Click the "Performance" tab to show the CPU & RAM & disk-drive usage.

If you need more details, click "Process Monitor" near the bottom of that window.

Tell us what you see.

I think that disabling IPv6 will have *NO* difference over your Internet usage.

But, if you have your own router that supports IPv6, and you have other IPv6 devices on your home network, they might be communicating with IPv6 protocol.

HP Recommended

From Task Mgr, I see  CPU bpuncing from 3 to 20+% and Memory up to 32%.  In Details I see 7 Google Chromes running and about 15 svchost.exe running?

HP Recommended

>  I see 7 Google Chromes running.

That's too many.  Click with the right mouse-button on each, and choose "End Task".

Then, open Chrome, and see if accessing YouTube is any faster.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I have been out of town since Friday AM so this is the first time to check on your reply.  I was not sure but thought I should have Facebook open first so I did that and then did the Task Mgr and Ended a Google and the Facebook closed. When I opened again, it was better and so I did Task Mgr again and there was one less Google open so I did another End and checked again and still better.  Much faster between Home and Stuarty(my page) and I posted a picture from my PC to a page I visit.

Should I keep doing that until only 1 google shows in Services?  

HP Recommended

> Should I keep doing that until only 1 google shows in Services?  

Yes.  Doing so cannot "hurt" Windows.

How long since you last rebooted Windows?  A reboot cannot hurt, either.

HP Recommended

I hate to appear ignorant but is a Window's reboot different from shutting he PC off and then lager turning it back on?

HP Recommended

> I hate to appear ignorant but is a Windows reboot different from shutting her PC off and then layer turning it back on?

Yes.

A "warm" reboot bypasses some of the POST (Power On Self Test) that occurs when doing a "cold" boot, and can bypass some of the Windows processing, e.g., the monitoring for the 'F8' key to choose the Windows "start-up" options.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.