Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey guys, 

I am currently working with an HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF PC and I would like to upgrade my video card to be able to take on some more gaming.  The card I'm looking to upgrade to is: this.

I am worried about the power supply being only a 240W supply, but I am not running any other hardware through the PCI-e. The system is otherwise as it came from the factory with the AMD 7450HD card in it.  

Please let me know what more information I can give. 

Thanks in advance,

-PK

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

The GTX 750 Ti  most likely need more than 240w of power.

Here are the 4 listed supported graphics cards for this HP 8300 SFF

AMD Radeon HD 6350 graphics (PCIe x16)
QK638AA

AMD Radeon HD 7450 graphics card
B1R44AA

Nvidia NVS 300 graphics (PCIe x16)
BV456AA

Nvidia NVS 310 graphics (PCIe x16)
A7U59AA
I work for HP
HP Recommended

Would those listed perform better than the one in the box? If, yes, which one would be the best? With thanks

@HP_Forum_friend wrote:

The GTX 750 Ti  most likely need more than 240w of power.

Here are the 4 listed supported graphics cards for this HP 8300 SFF

QK638AA

B1R44AA

Nvidia NVS 300 graphics (PCIe x16)
BV456AA

Nvidia NVS 310 graphics (PCIe x16)
A7U59AA

HP Recommended

Hello Todockin

Yes if you connect additional Graphics Card the unit will work better.

You can go with 

QK638AA

B1R44AA

in case you are looking for better gaming and graphics work. 

****Click the Kudos Button on left to say Thanks****
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K B T 86
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Dear K B T 86

Could you or any other expert help me to choose a best option for my case? Here are the details. We have HP compaq elite 8300 sff qv996av ( Intel Core i5-3470, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA 7200 rpm, SuperMulti DVD-RW, PSU 240W, Windows 7 Professional 64).  We use this PC for video surveillance: about 15-20 cameras displayed on the operator's monitor. Currrently, it consumes 60-70 % of  CPU. In order to reduce the load we decided to buy discrete video card. We have 150 USD allocated for this purpose. Can anyone suggest the most powerful and compatible video card considering the form factor and PSU of the PC? Thank you in advance!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Here are two video cards, with the small form factor backplate, that I tested today for you in that workstation.  I like the Quadro cards for reliability, and one is the Quadro 600 and the other is the Quadro K600.  Well within your price range..... I got these both virtually new off eBay for less than $80.00 USD each with careful shopping.  This is the Windows Experience Index scoring, in W7, with max score possible of 7.9 for each category.  Same box... only the card was changed:

nVidia Quadro 600 in Elite SFF 8300.jpg 

The K600:

nVidia Quadro K600 in Elite SFF 8300.jpg

HP Recommended

Dear SDH,

Thank you for your support. Could you please assure that the PSU will handle this video card?

My concern that the suggested models from HP consumes 20W at max, where Quadro K600 seems to consume 40W. Considering that the video card will be heavily loaded all the time, is it safe to buy? 

Update:

We have bought  AMD Radeon HD 7450 graphics card B1R44AA with 1GB DDR3.  Eventhough the Windows Experience Index for graphics dropped a little,  it helped us to solve the issue. Now we are able to  save and decode our video.

HP Recommended

I've recently purchase the same computer ( HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF PC) and notice that this is an older post. Do you know if this computer will work with a newer "AMD Radeon HD 7450 2048MB/2GB GDDR3 PCI-E Video Graphics Card HDMI 64b WIN10 B"?

ebay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Radeon-HD-7450-2048MB-2GB-GDDR3-PCI-E-Video-Graphics-Card-HDMI-64b-WIN10...

Thank you for your time and help, 🙂

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.