Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Paul-2012,

According to the HP product number that you posted the HP specifications indicate this motherboard.  Is the correct? If yes, then the motherboard has a 24 pin ATX power connector.  The Corsair PSU will work and you will want to use all 24 pins.

Do you still have a question?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended
No further questions, you've answered, thanks very much!
HP Recommended

I own an h8 1234 and am looking to upgrade the power supply for a new graphics card. When researching online I have read about problems people have had with compatibilty of aftermarket psus with this pc. Any chance you could save me the trouble of running back and forth to bestbuy a few times? Was hoping to get something in the 750w range.

HP Recommended

Hi Daxtran,

I have seen posts where a PSU over 650 watts would not work in HP PCs.

The Corsair CX600 would be an excellent choice as it would phyically fit the best and still have plenty of wattage for your needs.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Thanks a ton!

HP Recommended

I just installed an OCZ 600W semi modular power supply in my e9280t to supply an MSI GTX570 video card for video rendering and it's working perfectly. The only issue was the cables are pretty stiff and with the large video card it's an exercise in stuffing to get everything closed up.

Previously I tried a Corsair TX650 which wouldn't start.

HP Recommended

Hey I'm looking at upgrading my H8-1234 to a 600W PSU as well. Did the Corsair PSU suggested here work out ok?

HP Recommended

Hello Vallorn,

You are looking for a power supply.

As Big_Dave mentioned the corsair 600w will work but the 650w will not work.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Excellent. Thank you a lot. You guys have been the most usefull place ive asked about this.

Out of sheer curiousity what is the technical reason that prevents 650W PSUs from working in the H8-1234?

HP Recommended

Hello all!

Please help.

I bought an HP M9500y in 2009 and now I'm upgrading the graphics card. It is an EVGA 650Ti. I know that I have to upgrade my PSU as well so I chose a Corsair CX500M (Modular because HP cases tend to be cramped). So I looked at the dimensions of the PSU that my PC originally came with which was a HIPPRO and I see that its dimensions are tad smaller by 1" except the length. The Corsair is 6.3" deep while the HIPPRO is 5.5" deep... Is it too long?

Corsair CX500M:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139050&Tpk=cx500m&IsVirtualParent=1

HIPPRO 350W:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817174033

My PC M9500y:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01616194&lang=en&cc=us&conte...

My PC states it is a midsized ATX case. 

Thanks for the help!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.