Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion22-a113w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELP!! I have an HP Pavilion all in one Touch screen 22-a113w. I have never had an issue connecting to a second display.  I usually use one of our 3 flatscreen tv's and I have never had an issue. Windows 10 updated and I cannot get any of them to connect. I have tried muliple HDMI chords that I know work. I have done all of the troublshooting methods that I have found and ran a full scan to see if I had another issue causing the HDMI port to not be recognized. Everything comes back as working properly. When I go into device manager there is not anything showing under display. Everything I have read says that the Graphic Driver should be listed there. When I do the sound check there is not anything about HDMI in the box just the speakers. I have downloaded AMD from the HP downloads and that still does not show up in device manager. Any help would be appreciated. I really have to have 2 displays to work from at home. I can usually figure it out but this time I am lost. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Sarah06, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand HDMI is not functioning correctly after upgrading to windows 10 on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried connecting your TV to a different PC does it recognize?

Are you using a straight HDMI cable to connect from your PC to TV? 

Please try the steps recommended below.

Go into Device Manager

Display adapter

Double click on your graphics card

You should see an option that says ROLLBACK DRIVER

Click that restart your PC and check if the display issue persists.

If the issue still persists, please uninstall the graphics drivers from device manager and install the latest graphics driver.

Please update the AMD Radeon graphics driver using this link.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Mr. Robot,

I have tried all of the above that you mentioned. I cannot find the AMD Driver installed on my computer and when I try to install it all it does is install AMD Catalyst Software or I get a message that says Access Denied. 

I do use HDMI to HDMI. I have always used this set-up without any issues until the update. I am clueless on what to do and I have been doing this for days. I seriously have no idea what I have done or not done.

HP Recommended

@Sarah06, It's great to hear from you again, I was indeed waiting for your response.

As you mentioned you are unable to install drivers and you are getting error Access Denied.

Are you the administrator of your PC?

Try right clicking on the .exe file select run as administrator and check if you are able to install the software.

If you are still unable to install the software, please uninstall the drivers from device manager and install the drivers using recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to install drivers using recovery manager.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
Select Troubleshooting.
Select View all on the top left corner.
Click on Hardware and Devices.
Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
Check if the issue persists.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

It could be an issue with HDMI port, please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a pleasant day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok this is going to sound very stupid and it took at least 3 full reinstalls of Windows 10 before I figured this out but the whole problem is Windows 10 old file "windows.old".  Every time I used my crap cleaner after the new updates it cleared this file and that caused the issue.  Well looking up how to get Windows 10 to update I found out that you had to get rid of said file but they were using old windows updated to Windows 10 but even on a clean install it remains and that's the problem.

So with a little more reasearch I found that to get rid of this file is very simple you just have to run "disk cleanup" and clean up system files, removing old windows.  I've cleanded my system several times already and have once again installed every update I had this issue with and so far everyting is working fine.  I know its stupidly simpel but once again Microsft even with a brand install of Windows 10 adds a file you don't need or want that when you get rid of it by any means other then theirs it screws up the computer.

I hope this helps others like its helped me.

P.S. I have tried everything in this thread before I did that...

HP Recommended
Interesting. Old.windows shouldn't load anything, though it does take up hard drive space. Anyway, I did solve my problem thanks to Microsoft. I needed to replace the newer driver with a specific older driver for the Intel video chip. The HP tech spent well over two hours playing with drivers for the Geforce chip. Anyway, it solved my specific problem. The key was finding the old driver which wasn't available to me on HP's or Intel's site and knowing which driver to use.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.