Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello I have compaq presario SR5250NX, prod# GN582AA, SN MXF7390NVR  .   I had a crashing issue that blue screened it and sent it to recovery manager. I tried everthing on the list until I tried recover computer to original factory settings. Made the disc of my old unrecoved files to disc when promted. I followed the check list and got the computer up and running again. Then I went on your site to update hp advisor and it failed many times. Then I thought I could uninstall and reinstall  HP advisor. After uninstall I can't install it again. I also put my type of computer into your site and it told me the drivers I could install. After I did that my computer freezes and stays there until I hit the power button and reboot under safe mode and then restart again. It will work fine until it freezes and I repeate the process. This problem has happened since I updated drivers that your sit sugested. Now my computer crasheh and freezes after 10 min of being on. Please help. Update : I got Hp Advisor to upload and its working from the fourms. Now it just crashes after ten minuites. It was the donwloads your site sugested for my drivers, about 16 of them, after I updated drivers my computer keep freezin and crashing. Can you please help me fix this problem, Thanks.......=O)

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@zorrrrrrrrk,
Your machine is circa 2007, with the old Vista OS.  It is not supported now.

1) You can get a clean install, cost is $27 from Computer Surgeons.

2) Turn off the updates, or ignore.  Extended support ended 04/11/2017.

You can manually update drivers from the link in #1.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

This new innovation cost more then ones salary makes. How long do you think this sustainable exstiction will last? If I need a computer to do my job but my job pays less then the cost of running, it is called bankuruptcy. Soon the computers will have all the jobs and we can just starve to death as there are no jobs for us to make food and shelter money. What then!

HP Recommended

So now that I bought the fix it disc, how long will that last until I have to pay again? Or you will take my money and then say update to windows 7 and then to 8 and then to 10, it never ends eh......LOL.

HP Recommended

@zorrrrrrrrk,

You asked how to fix it.  You bought the media set.  It will enable you to get the machine operational.  Downable Mozilla Browser, as Internet Explorer is not functional on the web with Vista.

Vista is no longer being supported. You were told that.

Case closed. Old computer, out of service life.

PS<> it's likely not upgradeable to WIN7.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I know about IE and switched to Chome whe IE slowed down a year ago. Should I switch to Foxfire? And I know about the updates and they will  soon stop updating Chrome. I don't care about speed and it is all about it functioning until I buy a new computer. 

HP Recommended

@zorrrrrrrrk,

Of the 3 remaining broswer's that did have functionality with Vista,  they have or will discontinue support for Vista by the end of this year.  They were Firefox Moxzila, Chrome, and Opera v36.

Hope this helped you make the decision.... Looks like WIN 10 is in the future.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Well that figures, if you told me this before I would not have bought what ever you sold me. The best sugestion would have been buy a new computer, but then you would not have been able to sell me something I don't need. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@zorrrrrrrrk,

I only follow your lead.

(1) You asked how to fix it. I did advise you, early on, about the OS. 

(2) You bought the media set.  It will enable you to get the machine operational. 

(3) You knew about the browser situation, in your own words:

"I know about IE and switched to Chome whe IE slowed down a year ago".

I realized from the start that you have an issue(s).  Some hardware, some not.

We, as volunteers, do not have incentives, or quotas on products. I did not sell you anything, it was a suggestion based on your direct need, which was requested.

I am not going to reply to anymore of this tirade. I wish you the better days.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.