Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pro No. K5H31AA#ABA
Turned on my all in one computer to watch Netflix, it had just done an update. It turned on fine, no issues, went to go make coffee and came back and it was off. No blinking lights, just completely dead and unresponsive when I hit the power button at the top.

I know of no other way to reset it, tried unplugging it from the wall and plugging it into a different wall circuit. The power isn't out though. Please help
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Was there any burning smell, when you first returned to your computer?

Some computers have a small lamp that is lit whenever electrical power is available to the computer.

Does yours? Is the lamp lit?

Disconnect the AC power, and hold-down the ON/OFF button for 30 seconds.

Reconnect the AC power. Look through the air-vents on the computer's case, to see if you can see any fan-blades.

If you can see them, watch them, and touch the ON/OFF button.

Did the fan "twitch" at all, to indicate that the power-supply produced a brief "spike" of power?

It's probably time to carry your computer to a qualified computer technician, for trouble-shooting.

My first guess: failure of your power-supply.

Alternates: failure of motherboard; failure of CPU; failure of ON/OFF switch.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.