Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF I5 DESKTOP (XY111ET) RESTARTS 10-15 SECONDS AFTER SHUTDOWN

MODEL LINK:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?cc=it&jumpid=reg_r1002_itit_s-001_title_...

Hallo,
as I wrote in post subjet, I have a desktop pc (6200 sff)  with this issue.
It seems that something is enable in bios, that allow pc to start if network traffic is detected.
So if I regulary shutdown, the pc turns off, but after 15 or 30 seconds, it restarts itself.

I think it could be "wake on lan" but I'm not able to find this setting in bios menu.

Someone could help me?

Thank you.

Marco

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mrcmobile wrote:

HP Compaq 6200 Pro SFF I5 DESKTOP (XY111ET) RESTARTS 10-15 SECONDS AFTER SHUTDOWN

MODEL LINK:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/home/?cc=it&jumpid=reg_r1002_itit_s-001_title_...

Hallo,
as I wrote in post subjet, I have a desktop pc (6200 sff)  with this issue.
It seems that something is enable in bios, that allow pc to start if network traffic is detected.
So if I regulary shutdown, the pc turns off, but after 15 or 30 seconds, it restarts itself.

I think it could be "wake on lan" but I'm not able to find this setting in bios menu.

Someone could help me?

Thank you.

Marco

In addition to the bios, you can try to disable the wake on lan setting in the Network adapter properties in Device Manager.

HP Recommended

do you mean window 7 device manager?

This problem happens after shutdown, the operative system still not working in that time.

I think it could be some setting in bios... but I dont' find any setting about it.

HP Recommended

@mrcmobile wrote:

do you mean window 7 device manager?

This problem happens after shutdown, the operative system still not working in that time.

I think it could be some setting in bios... but I dont' find any setting about it.

Changing the setting in Device Managr may enable / disable the featue in the LAN adapter firmware.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.