Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Device Manager
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded our HP Device Manager 4.6 SP4 to 4.7

It went fine, but when I upgraded to latest service pack 4.7 SP6.

It failed with an error, and HPDM didn't launch after that.

I tried several times without luck, after that I uninstalled, after saving a backup, and reinstalled 4.7 again, and restored database backup. It works fine. After that I installed SP2. Works fine.

But the tasks is not updating. The tasks works, but doesn't show up in the task list.

Why? And how I get that back?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Please provide the answer below to help me get better understand ing of the issue:

1. When send a new task to device, will the task record being created?

2. What is the task status when "the tasks is not updating"?

3. How do you know the task works?

4. Try F5 in the task panel or CTRL+F5 to eliminate the refresh issue.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended
Did you do the backup after the failed install? If yes I suspect the issue is because some data in your HPDM Database might be already upgraded to the failed SP and this might cause the issue. Maybe better to try upgrade to that SP again or do you have an older Backup from before the failed upgrade you could use?
I am an HP Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.
**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

1. No task record is created. But I suspect the Task ID is duplicate. It seems to have started over the counting from 1 again, I can find one task recorded a few days aga as a low number but all the other Task ID's with low number is several years old.

2. I don't see any task status. But the task is working. Like Shadow or reboot.

3. I see the action on the client.

4. Refresh or reboot of the server doesn't help.

On one client that I updated the agent on nothing happens. It seems I loose control of them when Agent version is updated. I still see it, but tasks doesn't affect them.

Please help this mess..

HP Recommended

Do you have another DM Gateways installed? It looks like there is a second DM Gateway take over the control of your Thin Client.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

No only one server, but it list many DM Gateways on same server with different mac-addresses.

HP Recommended

Can you please try

1. stop them(HPDM Gateway) all
  2. Start only the primary one
  3. Rediscover the Thin Client
  4. Send the task

I'm suspect that there is configation somewhere in your environment to force Thin Client registere to the different Gateway.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

How can I stop the other ones and how do I know which one is primary?

I have only one HPDM gateway service.

HP Recommended
  1. Find the HPDM Gateway Configuration Icon in the right buttom of your desktop.
  2. Right click it and select "Configure Device Management Gateway"
  3. In the "Local NIC" Field, bind with the specific NIC you're currently use.
  4. Save the Configuratin.
  5. Open the HPDM Console and detele all the DM Gateway Record
  6. Rediscover HPDM Gateway again - You should only have on record this time.
  7. Rediscover the Thin Client
  8. Try send the task
I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

I have done that now, but sorry it didn't help.

The task record is not updated, and I can still not send tasks to the client with newer agent version.

Same as before.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.