Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 860-039nb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an issue that multiple people seem to have but I could not find a solution in any of the stories. I bought a HP Envy Phoenix 860-039NB which operates great except for 1 thing; The fan is going wild from the start of the PC and runs max. speeds the entire time. (Which makes a lot of noise)

One solution is updating the BIOS but when I run the Assistant it comes up with the wrong BIOS update (Different Family). So this will not work.

When I enter the HP Diagnostics right at the start of the PC and close it, the fan is running normal speed (So no noise).

The PC is brand new but the sound it makes is horrible, can anyone help??

BIOS Version: KA2 VA0.12

Board: 2B36

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

I have seen this before.

Your SSID is 2B36 but there is a BIOS update from HP here for SSID 2B4B. Version A0.38 Rev. A. Is HPSA giving you this update?

What fan is making noise? The BIOS update does add fan control for graphics cards.

You can open details to see. Then click on more details for more stuff. The previous versions of this update are: A0.27 Rev.A and A0.14 Rev. A. Are you using one of these now?

Have you tried setting BIOS to defaults? This is okay unless you have made changes that would cause boot (Secure boot/Legacy boot mod for different graphics card) problems. You can stiil do but would have to make change again .

Grzy

HP Recommended
The SSID is 2B36 according to the BIOS so HP is not providing the correct update. I tried all of them (older ones as well) and did not work they where not accepted.

Tried to set BIOS to default but no change. The noise is because of the fact that it runs 100% all the time. Only when I go into the BIOS environment and exit it; it runs ok till next reboot.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.