Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I recently acquired the HP Mini 1000 and receive the password check failed message. No one remembers it. Can this be reset, as I am seeing in other threads? SN  [Personal Information Removed]

Thanks for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Be aware that this isn't supported by HP and you try it at your own risk.

Try entering               e9lof3p54k                   ( Note in both cases that the 3rd character is a lower case L )

or
                                        e9lof3p5rk             

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

111 REPLIES 111
HP Recommended

Hi,

Be aware that this isn't supported by HP and you try it at your own risk.

Try entering               e9lof3p54k                   ( Note in both cases that the 3rd character is a lower case L )

or
                                        e9lof3p5rk             

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thanks! The second one worked. Now I get a BOOTMGR image is corrupt message. Ugh.

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

What version of Windows is on the Mini, XP or Windows 7?

It may also be worth testing the HDD as follows.

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Bios option ( usually f10 ) and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab you should find the facility to run a test on the Hard Drive.  Post back with the details of any error messages.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I got to the hard disk self test. It says it failed, and gives Test Status : 7 (completed with the read element of the test failed)

HP Recommended

Hi,

The error code would indicate that the Hard Drive is failing and needs to be replaced.  This is also consistent with the boot manager issue.

If you would like a guide on replacing the Hard Drive yourself, please let me know - include the full Model No. and Product No. of your Mini 1000 series notebook - see Here for a further explanation.

Best regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi, My HP mini 1000 is now asking for a bios password. I've never seen this before. 😕

Fatal Error... System Halted. [edited Serial Number by Moderator]

HP Recommended

@ Triguy

e9lofg72e7

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
You are a rockstar CherylG!! Thank you so much. My mini works now!!
HP Recommended

hello sir

i have hp mini 1000 when i power on its ask for password, please can you tell me how to reset its password?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.